Hen23's Journal~Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ring worm is easy been there done that. My pediatrician gave me some samples of a medicine once called ...... Mentax. Thank goodness I did not buy it because I think it's like an 85 dollar script. The stuff worked really fast. I even used some leftovers on a cat I adopted.

I think ring worm would be easier to deal with. I will hope for the best. :fl

g

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Ring worm is easy been there done that. My pediatrician gave me some samples of a medicine once called ...... Mentax. Thank goodness I did not buy it because I think it's like an 85 dollar script. The stuff worked really fast. I even used some leftovers on a cat I adopted.

I think ring worm would be easier to deal with. I will hope for the best. :fl

g
They really need to come up with a better name for it, don't they? It would be great it that's what it is. Well, not great, but given the complications of Lyme.... and I've seen the worst. :(
Thanks for checking in :D

dntd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hopefully it's just a skin rash, i've had circle looking eczema before. I hope they lift the ban on currents for you, I planted a black current and goose barries and a goose barry/current hybrid( normally I don't buy hybrids but it was cheap and neat;)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
dntd said:
Hopefully it's just a skin rash, i've had circle looking eczema before. I hope they lift the ban on currents for you, I planted a black current and goose barries and a goose barry/current hybrid( normally I don't buy hybrids but it was cheap and neat;)
No ban on currants here in CT. :D Just need to find them. It is recommended to keep them 900 ft from white pines which I've determined I can't do but the red variety is less likely to cause blister rust than the black so I might plant a few reds. If I can find them....

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I've had ringworm twice....once as a teen working at McD's and handling money, and once as an adult when I took in a stray kitten (one of many over the years!) And it was pretty easy to treat.

The coolest part was when I brought the cat to the vet and he pulled out a blacklight, turned off the exam room lights, and turned on the blacklight. All the ringworm spots on the cat glowed florescent green! The entire staff came in for a look! :lol:

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
freemotion said:
I've had ringworm twice....once as a teen working at McD's and handling money, and once as an adult when I took in a stray kitten (one of many over the years!) And it was pretty easy to treat.

The coolest part was when I brought the cat to the vet and he pulled out a blacklight, turned off the exam room lights, and turned on the blacklight. All the ringworm spots on the cat glowed florescent green! The entire staff came in for a look! :lol:
:lol: I've done that before. I'd forgotten, it's been so long since I worked at the vet clinic in Manchester! Did some cool stuff over the years. Gross, but cool.
I got home too late to make an appointment tonight. I'll call first thing. Need to get the allergy blood work too but I suppose I should wait to see if the PCP decides to order tests too. At least I don't have to fast.
Just got an email that a local nursery has all their perennials and annuals on sale this week. "deep discounts." I'll have to check that out. They have fruit trees and bushes as well. Maybe I'll get lucky. Or I could be looking too late this season. Don't know.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
this is something I never thought I would say but - I hope you have ringworm!!

That would be sooo much easier to deal with than Lyme Disease!!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
this is something I never thought I would say but - I hope you have ringworm!!

That would be sooo much easier to deal with than Lyme Disease!!
I know! I'm saying the same thing even though I'm kind of grossed out by the idea. Better grossed out than having to deal with Lyme.
Tough night for sleeping worrying about that and the fact that our town budget got voted down a third time. Getting nervous for my job..... no job means DS has to go back to public school..... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.