HENS IN BAD CONDITIONS!!!!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sadly this is not uncommon. While this may be one of the worse I have seen, the fact is that hens kept for layers are not in good conditions. People want eggs and don't look beyond what is in that carton when they open it!!

It is situations like this that make me go :duc when cottage industry laws say home raised should be viewed carefully due to health issues! WHAT? The major outbreaks of health issues are from the corporate farms.

Some USA farms do better -- still not great. However, family farms are going by the wayside and I doubt we will ever see them come back with force due to numbers of people to feed.

My hens free range all day & are cooped at night for predator control. My customers love the eggs I sell.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bay -- small cages with many, many young pullets...hens almost bald and cages full of poop....eggs laying in poop...a mess!!!

Swede

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I didn't watch it, I'm on satellite internet and my usage is metered. It was taking a long time to load, so I clicked it off. Can you tell me about it?

The video and site was:

Hens and pullets cramped into poopy cages and maggots and carcasses everywhere :hit

Swede

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sadly this is not uncommon. While this may be one of the worse I have seen, the fact is that hens kept for layers are not in good conditions. People want eggs and don't look beyond what is in that carton when they open it!!

It is situations like this that make me go :duc when cottage industry laws say home raised should be viewed carefully due to health issues! WHAT? The major outbreaks of health issues are from the corporate farms.

Some USA farms do better -- still not great. However, family farms are going by the wayside and I doubt we will ever see them come back with force due to numbers of people to feed.

My hens free range all day & are cooped at night for predator control. My customers love the eggs I sell.

0_o

Swede

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'll private message you a link to the website of the charity I work with. They're great! They ask for donations sometimes, but mostly they are just happy to have you put word out and send emails to prime ministers and governments of countries asking them to change the laws regulating their country's farming practices. Some already did :)

Subbed ;)