here's one for all you southerners (or those who want to be)

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
oh yes it does but you have to lose the flops nad rub some dirt on their chest and whack the hair

lorihadams said:
Does it make me southern if my children are jumpin on the trampoline right now outside the doublewide wearing only flip flops and underwear??? :D

I was born and raised in VA but everyone that hears me talk thinks I am from Alabama.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
kewl

but normally you only say yonder if your over or close to fittttyy if ur unnnner fittty its cross da way

lorihadams said:
Oh, and I'm goin straight as a crow flies over yonder to OFG's yard and have a drank outta dat mason jar!!!

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i messed up

it shud be fidddddy instead of fittty

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
that must be a northern thing cause the only thing i have heard refer to a crow is the the crow is coming in meaning the cold is coming

lorihadams said:
Oh, and I'm goin straight as a crow flies over yonder to OFG's yard and have a drank outta dat mason jar!!!

sonjab314

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
You forgot about the fact that they always try to feed you and a common question is "Jeet yet?" Growing up in the south I can attest that all of the above are true lol.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
you know it!!

sonjab314 said:
You forgot about the fact that they always try to feed you and a common question is "Jeet yet?" Growing up in the south I can attest that all of the above are true lol.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
as a kid growin' up, my favorite breakfast that my mamma made was steak, eggs, and grits. Don't get no better than that!

ain't that right?

sonjab314

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I'm awful partial to homemade biscuits with sausage gravy and hashbrowns :drool

mandieg4

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
~gd said:
How long do I have to live in the South before I am no longer refered to as a Damn Yankee. The first year I was the new Yankee, and they were glad to get my money. once it was apparent that I wasn't going to move on and I could still earn more money than the good old boys I got promoted to Damn Yankee.
Just 'cause the cat has kittens in the oven it doesn't make them biscuits.

I'm actually a transplant too, but my kids are as southern as they come. I took my 3 year old back west with me to my sister's wedding. The day before the wedding we had to pick up the flowers at this really fancy flower shop. My son spotted a pair live doves in a cage and hollered, in his heavy southern accent, "Hey Y'all! Look at dem cheekens!!"