Hey Ohio folks - are you freezing tonite?

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
wow! well they are calling for a frost tonite so i'm headed out to get all the plants covered up and see if i can get all the poultry in early...and what is with that wind??

anyone else expecting freezing/frost?

and another thing - milking those goats is fun if its sunny and warm... but out there givin' them The Squeeze in the cold cold cold is just plain silly.

wonder if i could get the barn cats to do it... hum..

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Probably get a light frost here. I have nothing that needs covered and the chickens don't mind at all. No problem for me.
The next week is supposed to be beautiful, sunny and dry! :weee

partyfowl

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
WOW! We are getting that nasty wind also. Amazing! Our temp has been hovering at night aroung 25-27. I was really worried about my spring vegys I planted last month. But everything seems just fine, except for the rhubarb. It froze!

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We got a little snow this morning. That stupid wind never stopped! Not to mention the freezing temps overnight. At least I have everyone snug as a bug and ready for it. Here's hoping this is the last one.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
We don't have anything planted yet, so no worries there. The chickens went up to roost EARLY yesterday and this evening. :gig

I am just about ready to dig out my long johns again! :barnie Thought I was gonna freeze my arse off this afternoon. We dropped a huge Maple in the back yard and had the stump ground out today. MAN was it ever COLD out there! The wind just cut through like a knife.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
We haven't planted anything yet, but I have ducks and Penelope the Embden both sitting nests!

We put heat lamps back on the chicks out in the grow out pen today!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
It's snowing and freezing rain here...four hours north of here they have been shovelling all day! Glad it's not me! :lol: We get frost almost every night here still, but the days are warming up...well until the last couple of days that is...

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
we were too wimpy to even work outside! that wind was nuts!

i think we are gonna take our time getting everyone up in the morning.. here's hopin' every body stays warm!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
We didn't get the frost, but we have a heavy dew!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
we have some frost and it was in the upper 20's but i checked and all my little plants are doing just fine. but i'm glad i got them all covered!

i think we are in the clear now.. so Ohioans... start your gardens!!! whoooot!!!!

:)