Not open for further replies.

Vollan

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, is it me or is the forum dead ?

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hi, I have been popping in and out this evening.
Nancy

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
It's been dead for quite some time now but it just don't know it yet. You know that flapping a chicken does after it's head has been cut off? This is what it looks like in forum form.

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I haven't been here for over a year and I cannot believe how dead it is. Where is everyone?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
There was a dispute of some kind...I was not around, so don't know all the details. A faction split off and formed their own forum. All us old timers to the thread kind of faded away to other places...not because of the dispute but I guess because we had discussed all we had intended to discuss and the newer crowd weren't really so much into SS as they were into social chit chat and arguing. Not my bag nor is a comfort zone for most of the old retainers that were here in the beginning.

I guess we had liked discussion of actually doing SS things instead of recipes, talking about doing SS one day over the rainbow, prepping for zombie takeovers or SHTF scenerios, etc. :idunno

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well that is a shame. I rather enjoyed to hear about everyone's daily self sufficient lives. Always a good place to get advice from too. Maybe the administrators that be should put more effort into advertising this forum. Being a prepper and being self sufficient is the new big thing. :thumbsup

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
There are times when this forum is busy, other times when it isn't. It's like any other forum that I'm on as far as I can tell. (Except one that was pretty much killed by the administrator.) It goes thru cycles. Right now, it's at a low, but that doesn't mean it won't pick up again. Right now I think a lot of people are still busy prepping for the colder months and just don't have time to get on and post a lot, or are too tired. Plus WBF is w/out a computer right now, so she's not posting much.

doc_gonzo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
i don't know, i've been off line for a few days. i've seen a lot of productive posts. but then i see posts from sock puppets that wanna run down this forum as aposed to another competing forum. kinda bumms me out ... if the other forum is so much better then why are you still posting here spreading you're poision?

doc

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
doc_gonzo said:
i don't know, i've been off line for a few days. i've seen a lot of productive posts. but then i see posts from sock puppets that wanna run down this forum as aposed to another competing forum. kinda bumms me out ... if the other forum is so much better then why are you still posting here spreading you're poision?

doc
Exactly.
Some of us have been really busy actually living the self sufficient life. Sure beats going around trying to cause hate and discontent.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Not religious, but...

Amen...hubby and Marianne (hey lady :frow )!

It's a busy time of the year, just like spring is. Add the upcoming holidays and I know I'm not around here that much, as in posting. I do check in regularly, even though I may not log in! ;)

Vollan,

One heck of a way to introduce yourself as being new to the forum! :th

With that, I am closing this to keep some of us out of trouble, myself included! ;)

This is in review and will be opened back up if the Staff deems fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.