Hi from Maine!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm from New Hampshire. Haven't seen any Maine folks post, but maybe they're lurking... lol

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We just got them, I've had dairy goats for a while but just got into the sheep venture. So far I love how hardy they are, I don't have to worry about them in the cold and snow, unlike the goats! What kind of sheep did you have?

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It was a very long time ago. I'd have to go back into my Dad's notes to find out. I think he started with Romney, but, eventually brought a new breed into the state. He started his first flock at the age of 14, and took blue ribbons showing them, competing against seasoned flock owners. Before he graduated from high school, he and a buddy had a flock of 100. He would also shear sheep at neighboring farms for extra cash. I remember being very fascinated watching him shear a sheep, how the sheep would be pretty docile as he handled it, and the fleece would roll off in a full piece, with the sheep being so pristine white and skinny without that heavy coat.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Gardens are never big enough when you're planting them. They suddenly morph into misbehaving giants with bad hygiene habits when harvest time rolls around.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Gardens are never big enough when you're planting them. They suddenly morph into misbehaving giants with bad hygiene habits when harvest time rolls around.
Mine morph in mid-season...right after I've put tons of time into them and right before harvest time... :(

Latest posts