Hi from New Hampshire

NHMounttainman

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
You're already retired? wow!! that sounds nice... I can't wait to retire. I just wanna stay home and take care of my kids. Again. Welcome to our forums!
I am in remission, but had a long difficult battle with cancer. Unfortunately - I ended up disabled, so in effect, I'm a retiree. I do miss working - but have to admit that moving to rural area, and starting a big garden and a flock of chickens ha kept me from being bored!
Hope you get to retire on your terms, and enjoy those little ones! I've got 3 grown kids and we are really looking forward to becoming grandparents!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
retired with nothing but chores is really not like work at all as long as you don't have someone else riding your butt about things. :) sorry about your disability and having such a battle to go through. i hope you can really enjoy your new life and situation and have many more years of chores and fun. :)

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hello from Texas! I'm a newb to homesteading as well. the folks here have always been helpful and I dont know where id be without them.

we have a small place just outside of town. small garden, a few chickens, some rabbits and a small orchard thats still pretty young.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am in remission, but had a long difficult battle with cancer. Unfortunately - I ended up disabled, so in effect, I'm a retiree. I do miss working - but have to admit that moving to rural area, and starting a big garden and a flock of chickens ha kept me from being bored!
Hope you get to retire on your terms, and enjoy those little ones! I've got 3 grown kids and we are really looking forward to becoming grandparents!
That is so sad to hear. But what you said is true. farming, In general, is really a boredom killer. all I can say is everything happens for a reason. and i know you'll gonna have great grandparents.. good luck on your farming.