Hi from Northern Texas

Nardo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I would LOVE to see some of your projects and things you built from recycled materials! That hat/scarf hanger sounds interesting… and the lamps.
I'll scout around this evening and take pictures. Y'all don't judge me too harshly; I just like to work with my hands and I get a bit carried away 'creating' sometimes! :hide

Nardo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Here are some that I have on my phone. I work as a hydraulic tech so I get a lot of gears and pistons and stuff that work nice for lamps.
The pew took sanding and time, but we like it, and it's comfortable. The one of the work shop shows a work surface that I got from a dumpster and a shelf that was made from boards someone threw out. And the wooden 'knocker' hanging there is from an old baseball bat, LOL.

Attachments

• churchpew.jpg
    churchpew.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 195
  • punklamp3.jpg
    punklamp3.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 172
  • punklamp4.jpg
    punklamp4.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 189
  • punklamp1.jpg
    punklamp1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 181
  • punklAMP2.jpg
    punklAMP2.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 183

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I like the pew and those lamps are really neat!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome from VA. You do nice work there. :clap

Most of us curb & discount shop, re cycle, work toward as much of a self sufficient life as we can manage. You will fit right in!! Yep, lot of us on BYC & BYH. Always someone &/or something asking for or giving some assist. I find it to be a nice "family" here. Relax and jump right in to the group.

I have a friend in Buda with large mini horse operation. Your land anywhere near that area? Have enjoyed many trips to TX in years past.

Nardo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome from VA. You do nice work there. :clap

Most of us curb & discount shop, re cycle, work toward as much of a self sufficient life as we can manage. You will fit right in!! Yep, lot of us on BYC & BYH. Always someone &/or something asking for or giving some assist. I find it to be a nice "family" here. Relax and jump right in to the group.

I have a friend in Buda with large mini horse operation. Your land anywhere near that area? Have enjoyed many trips to TX in years past.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm going to bomb y'all with pics, since I have a captive audience. :celebrate
Buda is maybe 250 miles straight south, near Austin. Pretty country there!

Nardo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So the laundry room is made of floor cabinets that were given to us by my buddy when he re-did his kitchen-and shelving that we removed from work when they remodeled, and wall cabinets that were sitting out for trash pick-up. The counter top is a 5$ Habitat for Humanity Resale door. The clothes hanger thingy is 2x3 with holes from a hole saw and chair rails (she uses it for things that can't go into the dryer but I hang my hats on it because it's right by the back door).
The wooden fencing is from a place that replaces fencing for people who (I guess) have a lot of money. These guys go to brand new homes and put in new fencing; either the folks don't like the color stain (gasp) or they want to change the layout. Either way, they sell these panels for 20$. The gazebo was put out by somebody, also, and I drug it home. The metal fencing I got free when a metal shop closed down.
The clock I made when i was trying to explain color wheels to the grandbabies and It was way too much work and I learned more about clocks than I ever wanted to know.
Her Grandma's piano (sorry about the pollen but it's Spring here) has become an outdoor bar. Which is actually topped by a straight shelf, but the camera angle wouldn't let you believe that LOL. And I used some of the keys to make a hat/scarf rack. It's about 5 feet long and I didn't want to move her stuff around since I couldn't remember what went where to put it back :hu
The garage storage is another freebie church pew (12' long) that is great for holiday stuff when I added a few boards and a top.pewstorage.jpg
pewstorage.jpg
pianobar.jpg
pianohook.jpg
pollenpiano.jpg
clock.jpg
clothesrack.jpg
cabinets.jpg
reusefence.jpg
scarfrack.jpg
pianohook.jpg pollenpiano.jpg clock.jpg clothesrack.jpg cabinets.jpg reusefence.jpg scarfrack.jpg
pewstorage.jpg
pianobar.jpg
pianohook.jpg
pollenpiano.jpg
clock.jpg
clothesrack.jpg
cabinets.jpg
reusefence.jpg
scarfrack.jpg

Last edited:

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Great projects and pictures! Yep! You'll fit right in here! Welcome from Alabama. I'll be looking forward to more of your projects and posts!