Hi from Portland Oregon

moodlymoo

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hey folks, I was sent here from BYC in search of ways to cut my cost on EVERYTHING. After becoming a single mom of 4 kids 3 weeks ago I need to cut my budget by 3/4. I dont buy new and use coupons but that is it. Im sure I will be spending hours now reading everything.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we all love to save money here! lot of good tips for sure
welcome!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Alright all you SSers! Moodly needs our thread on tips on saving money and I can't find it to save my soul! Anyone out there have that thread...you know, the one where we all listed what we do at our houses to save on electricity, groceries, etc.?

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:welcome Moodlymoo.

hope someone finds that thread for you. If anywhere can help you save money, this is the site. Sooo much info from great people.

Good luck on your adventure.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Hey Moodly :frow Sounds like you have alot going on :hugs

:welcome from Tennessee!

DianeS

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi, Moodly! I'm just south of you in Eugene/Springfield, getting by on what feels like nothing compared to what I used to earn. It can be done!

My tip is to get familiar with all your local "inexpensive" ways to get things. Find all the thrift stores, find where garage and estate sales are listed, get familiar with Craigslist and Freecycle. If you're familiar with these things, they become more comfortable to you, and easier to find things in, when you get to a point that you need to obtain something. (Clothing, dishes, toys, school stuff, ...)

Welcome to the SS board!

Latest posts