Hi from Portland Oregon

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Welcome from Kansas! :frow I'll have to go check out the links that Beekissed posted and see if they are what I was thinking about.

In the meantime, I save a lot of money at the grocery store by making my own convenience foods and mixes.

Hang in there gal, you can do this!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
How's those links for getting you started? :D

With a family your size, if you aren't already making your own laundry detergent, it's a nice place to start. Been doing this for me and my three boys for the past 6 years now and I can't explain just how much money that has saved me....we go through a lot of laundry here. Now that the boys have left home, they still come home to do their laundry, so it continues..... :rolleyes:

moodlymoo

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
They were good. I have a ton of laundry soap but will be making it when I get low. I think I have a lot of good ideas and tools now. Thank you for sending me here

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Welcome from further south on I5, near Roseburg.

There is lots of stuff on this site, but some of it is hard to find. Just ask if you have a particular question - we're a helpful bunch most of the time :lol:

moodlymoo

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
ORChick said:

There is lots of stuff on this site, but some of it is hard to find. Just ask if you have a particular question - we're a helpful bunch most of the time :lol:
I have a friend down that direction. You guys have snow yet?

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
moodlymoo said:
ORChick said:

I have a friend down that direction. You guys have snow yet?
There is some snow on the hills around, but we are lower in the valley. Some years we don't get any at all at our house. Right now it is pouring down rain.

myzanya

Power Conserver
Reaction score
nice 2 meet you...
Yes that is a huge cut..
but also an oportunity...
you will be able to teach your kids a more wholesome side to life that they would never have known...
My advice is

!...don't buy what you need....put it on a thoughtful need list...it is amazing how when you connect with the universe around you it responds...and all of a sudden you find yourself finding what you wanted...
don't be afraid to utilize resorces...ok sounds bad...but we got lots...just driving around early morning garbage day...
bargin bins..and marked downs...don't be woried of the dates 90 percent of the time is absolutely fine...
eg...ok sounds..bad...but store yogurt upside down...is good at least 3 months after due date...

Latest posts