Hinotori's house

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks. I like taking pictures as a hobby to keep me sane. And I keep saying that half the reason the pictures turn out is that I have an actual dslr camera with interchangeable lenses. The point and shoots don't take quite as good, nor do cell phones. I use the cell camera for when I'm juggling a bird in the hand close up or such. Those types of cameras only do well for fairly close and indoors.

700mm lens and laying in the grass lets me get some of the good chicken shots from 100+ feet away so they ignore me. Also lets me get those eagle shots

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ohhh and I'm figuring out how to properly use the digital zoom on top of the lens zoom. I have to use the tripod for that. I get too unsteady sometimes. Lenses give more actual information, digital just basically clones the pixels to get closer. This is the reason zoom on the cell phones suck so bad and make the picture look digitized. Even the little lens you can buy to put on the phone only doubles the effective range, so you really want to stay within 30 feet for an actual good picture.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That second pic in your post is amazing!

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DS just got a little action camera for all his action antics. Too bad he didn't use his little action camera when he jumped off the roof and broke his leg. He's still kicking himself for not getting it on video.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
IMG_9723.jpg
IMG_9028.jpg
IMG_9124.jpg
IMG_9837.jpg