Hinotori's house

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
IMG_2270aa.jpg

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
honest to goodness @Hinotori you have the greatest chicken pics I've seen in a long time. I love how they will let you pose them. you may have said somewhere and I missed it but what kind of camera are you using?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This one is a Canon 80D. The one on the older pics in this thread was a Canon Rebel t2i. By keeping with Canon, I can use all the lenses I bought since they are expensive.

Nikon makes wonderful cameras too.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I had a canon 35mm slr that was older than cooters pup and it finally bit the dust. I've been thinking about looking at the canon digital slr's. not really sure what I want or how much money i'll have to buy it. I think the pictures you are posting are really great. thanks for the info.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'm a Canon fan myself. I bought myself one, a PowerShot SX 50 HS. It was expensive, but goodness, taking pictures with that thing is great fun :) I had to use my crappy cell phone for the last year, so having a good camera again is lovely. I found though that the best camera can't take a decent chicken pic if the birds don't cooperate! lol I love how your birds pose for you @Hinotori Getting mine to sit still anywhere, in any position is near impossible.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My large fowl hens won't coorperate. The silkies are so innately people friendly they will happily sit for me. I just have to stroke a neck or back here and there to get them to stand or look correctly. Bribery also works. My white rooster does his own posing and is very patient because he knows I will give him a treat.