Hit by F3 Tornado

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Well trees can be replanted, the most important thing is you being okay. What an ordeal!

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow, glad you're okay, ~gd! Was this the Sanford-Raleigh tornado? I live midway between Raleigh & Wilson, so I had tornados on either side of me. It was a SCARY afternoon...!! :(

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are safe. It can really be a scary situation. :/

My D1's house was hit by the tail end of a tornado that skipped along completely eliminating a local restaurant and up rooting and twisting like corkscrews 100+ year old oak and walnut trees a few years back. My D1 was lucky - she lost her roof, her fence and some trees. The experience however has marked her. The last time we had a thunderstorm she was a bundle of nerves.

She heard that noise and looked out the window - all her hair was SUCKED out the window instantly and she started to grab her dogs and RUN for the basement. She said she remembered reading about tornadoes sucking water up drain pipes and other things in the book "Night of the Twisters" at school. Good thing she remembered!

Were you able to run to cover or did it get there too fast?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
FF, how scary for your daughter!

gd, glad you're OK.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Do people in NC even have storm shelters or basements? Jeesh it seems like the weather patterns are really shifting east.

Everyone needs to be careful.

Ema

Power Conserver
Reaction score
well very glad you made it ok, sounds like you had everything under control within your household. Way to go on the preparedness!!

Ema

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Do people in NC even have storm shelters or basements? Jeesh it seems like the weather patterns are really shifting east.
No one in my development (200 houses) has one. In fact, the only family I know here that does is one of my SILs, but it's a McMansion.

In my area, I don't think it's the water table so much as the ground is so hard & rocky. :/

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So glad you are okay. My niece's house is near Smithfield, VA, and they were hit in the same storm line Saturday. A tornado bounced through her neighborhood. They had lots of tree damage. Her truck window was broken by a limb. The new air-conditioner was twisted off its base. They lost shingles, but otherwise the house is fine. Crazy stuff!