19. Favorite sound? Silence
20. Do you prefer pools or oceans? oceans
21. Do you watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer? NO
22. Pencil or pen? pencil
23. Who's better - boys or girls? depends on the circumstances
24. Would you like to own a motorcycle? yes
25. Do you sing in the shower? no
26. Who's the best looking Disney character? not sure
27. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? weres the snooze button
28. How many rings before you answer the phone? whenever I get to it
29. How do you want to die? spontanious combustion
30. Have you ever called a 900 number? no
31. Gold or silver? silver
32. Would you ever go bungee-jumping? sure
33. Do you like dressing up? no
34. Would you rather be short or tall? tall
35. Do you enjoy reading? Kind of
36. What book are you reading now? Its on composting
37. Favorite books? Any of the benoit hunting books
38. What was the last movie you saw? Paul Blart Mall Cop
39. Favorite movies? shooter, Warren Millers Children of Winter
40. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? no
41. What is your sign? Sagitarius
42. What are your personality traits? determined, kind
43. What's your biggest fear? small dark spaces
44. Would you ever have cosmetic surgery? no
45. Future child's name? Seven (from the seinfield episode)
46. Favorite foods? venison, grandmas baking
47. Chocolate or vanilla? vanilla
48. Do you like to drive fast? yes
49. Storms - cool or scary? cool
50. Do you like to dance? no
51. Do you do drugs? no
52. Do you smoke? no
53. What do you think of people who smoke? go ahead and stink
54. Do you drink? no
55. Favorite drink? coke
56. Do you think men and women could ever be just friends without wanting each other? yes
57. Do you eat the stems of broccoli? yes
58. If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be? woodworking
60. Do you bite your nails? no
61. Any siblings? yes
62. What movies have you cried in? none
63. Do you believe in God? yes
64. Did you ever cry over a guy/girl? nope
65. Have you ever stolen anything? a jelly bean
66. Do you procrastinate? always
67. Do you believe in fate? sometimes
68. Who's your favorite Sesame Street character? Ernie
69. Do you organize your CD's? nope
70. What is your favorite kind of music? Country
71. What are your favorite bands/artists? Eli Young band, Lynyard Skynard
72. What was the last CD you got? Lynyard Skynard
73. MTV or VH1? CMT
74. Who do you admire the most? family
75. Internet Boyfriends and Girlfriends? nope
76. Are you single? yes
77. Favorite TV show? Living with Ed
78. Blondes, Brunettes, or Redheads? Brunettes
79. Glasses or contacts? contacts
80. What color are your eyes? blue
81. What is your natural hair color? brown
82. But what color is it now? brown
83. Have you ever been in love? not realy
84. Any pets? dog, snake, chickens
85. Good, decent, or poor grades? Good
86. Is the glass half empty or half full? Depends
87. Do you type with your fingers on the right keys? nope
88. What's under your bed? A marshmallo making kit :)
89. What is your favorite number? 3
90. Favorite sport to watch? Nascar

I decided I would make me one of these journals but dont blame me if I forget about it I have the attention span of a dead fly.

hobobrando

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I dont go back to school until wednsday so I went and hung out with my grandpa today. Both of my grandparents are food pushers and before my grandma left for work she went through everything in her house to see if I wanted it for breakfast. After many "no thank you" answers she left for work. My grandpa and I went to go measure something for one of his customers and when we got to the house no one was home and all doors were locked. We went back to his house and my grandpa went through everything in the house to see if I wanted it for breakfast. I settled for a bowl of cereal.

Later on we went to go run some mail to my grandma who works at her sisters lumber mill. I thought I would ask if they ever have any scrap wood lying around and turns out they have a huge room of the stuff. When my great aunt gets back from Florida I will be granted access to all of the wood I could possibly use and its free!
I also have access to about a half acre of free shavings.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Lucky you on the wood scraps. I can see many projects in your future. Oh and the wood shavigs too. :)

hobobrando

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Decided I was going to try my hand at making venison jerky today. I had planned to have the jerky in the dehydrator by 10:00. Due to my steaks not thawing completely I didnt get the jerky in untill 12:45 :barnie . They should be done by 10:30 tonight so untill then I have absolutely nothing to do. I guess I could clean the kitchen and empty the dish washer.

Does anyone know what the minimum size should be for a covered composter? I have a large wooden chest and wondered if it was large enough to use for compost. I decided to start composting because I would like to make my own topsoil for my garden this year. I have lots of chicken poo that I can add to my future composter, but I heard that chicken poo can "burn" plants what should I mix it with so that my compost isn't going to kill my plants?

I have to go back to school tomarrow, this means I will have to deal with my teachers :( . They dont understand me. I will also have to deal with angry friends that I forgot to return there phone calls. But on a lighter note I get to go back and work on my engine I built in transportation class.

hobobrando

Power Conserver
Reaction score
So last night I removed my jerky from the dehydrator and I took a huge bight, there was absolutely no flavor :/ . I had made a little dry rub from some spices in the cubbord and the mixture tasted good but once the jerky was done all the flavor was gone. I figured I did alright for my first time though because the texture was right. My next batch will be a honey mustard marinade that I found in a cookbook.

As for school today my teachers all seemed to be in a good mood and I dont have to much homework tonight. If I can get the homework I have done I will get to go to TSC and check out there selection of canning stuff. Not much of anything exciting today.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Hey, hobobrando, composting is a wonderful way to use everything and improve the soil. I wouldn't use a wooden chest, as it will also compost away! The simplest is to use a length of scrap wire fencing, maybe 2 x 4" openings or such, and make a cylinder with it at least 3' in diameter, and if the fencing is 4' high, you should get some heat. But 4' would be a bit better. Hook the ends together in a way that you can release them later, and you can take the fencing off your pile and set it up right next to it and fork the compost back into the new ring of fencing. You can speed up the composting dramatically this way. (I have a huge pile, and I let the chickens turn it for me. It needs to be contained more, though, because they will scatter it far and wide!)

If your chicken poo is from under the roosts so is solid doo-doo, layer it with dry stuff like leaves, straw, hay, etc. Just be sure there is not a thick layer of just chicken poo. If you use deep litter in your coop, there should be plenty of the right mix so just compost it all.

If your compost pile is too small, it won't heat up enough to cook the weed seeds and compost properly.

Does your TSC carry canning supplies? I have three TSC's near me, and none carry canning stuff. The Ace hardware stores have it year-round, and Walmart has stuff in season....not yet, but great prices.

hobobrando

Power Conserver
Reaction score
What do you know I have a left over section of 5ft chainlink laying around I could use that for my composter. I do use the deep litter method so I guess I'm covered on that.

I went to TSC hoping for canning supplys but they didnt have any. I will have to check at ace for them.

Thanks for the advice Free.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Paying it forward, buddy! Way to go having fencing already. Post pics of your compost heap when it gets going. And put that in the "new ss skills" thread, too!

Latest posts