Home-made Compost Tumbler

Czechin_it_out

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas on how to make a compost tumbler? I use giant PVC pipes that are about 24" in diameter, and then have piles depending on how quickly things break down. My biggest problem is that I can't always get water to the piles and I work, so sometimes I am so tired...and forget. My piles wouldn't get hot if I lit them on fire!!

Old fashioned doesn't work here or i'm not doing it right. I think the tumblers would be a better option for me, but I don't have $99 for the cheapest one I've seen.

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
There'a quite a few good videos on youtube too. Lots of different designs.

Czechin_it_out

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thanks! Honey Do list is getting bigger!!! He thinks buying one is going to be cheaper, but he doesn't know me :thumbsup

Czechin_it_out

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
I know of a place just down the road where you can get steel barrels really cheap.

G
Ooohhh.....where? & thank you!!!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
There is a company that advertises on CL. The are over off of Sycamore in the business park area. I think it's called H2Odyssey. Anyways, they charge 10 bucks each or 8 for 4 or more.

I can try to find a link for you.

g

Czechin_it_out

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
There is a company that advertises on CL. The are over off of Sycamore in the business park area. I think it's called H2Odyssey. Anyways, they charge 10 bucks each or 8 for 4 or more.

I can try to find a link for you.

g
That would be great. I work off Palomar Airport, so that would be awesome! Thank you so much.