Home wind turbine building tips

Louisa-Chen

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Home wind turbines are not really among the things that people would normally consider when buying renewable power systems for their homes. One of the reasons behind this investing in a wind generator is a sustainable way to provide your home's electricity needs.

The first thing that many people ask about home wind turbines is how they work. A wind turbine is a machine that can convert the kinetic energy of the wind into electrical energy.

Before purchasing a wind generator, make sure you have the proper installation permits and that your homeowners association, if you have one, will allow the installation.

Another concern for homeowners is how much money is saved when they use home wind turbines. It would be a good idea to use several small wind turbines in order to generate enough usable electricity.

In addition, you should understand that the size of your home wind turbine will greatly affect the amount of money you will save.It would be a good idea to use several small wind turbines in order to generate enough usable electricity. The most common turbines available in the market have 500watt-10Kwatt projects.

Now, recommend Hummer home wind turbine energy systems for residential and household use.

H2.7-500W Wind Solar Hybrid System

1.Applicable models:H2.7-500W
2. Operation principle:the electricity from wind generator and solar panels charges the batteries after being rectified and powers the loads through the inverter.
3.Features:solar energy as complementary when no wind or lower wind, wind energy as complementary when no sunlight or poor sunlight;the wind-solar complementary with independent power supply

H8.0-10KW Grid Connected System

1.Applicable models:H8.0-10KW
2.Operation principle:the electricity from wind generator outputs to the grid-tied inverter after being rectified.when the input DC voltage reaches up to the start-up voltage,the inverter will merge into state grid.
3.Features:wind power merging into state grid.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've actually been looking on line at building my own. They don't look that hard to make, and are much cheaper than buying one. I'm thinking of putting one up at the farm to help power my tack shed. You do need to get an alternator from a car, and modify it, but the modification is supposed to be easy.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Before the grid was expanded out into the great plains Wind power was used to pump water from wells. They were mechanical devices not electral. I expect many of you have at least seen pictures with the tower and the multi vaned Fan like wind catchers. The Big vane at the back kept the thing pointed into the wind and had both a manual and auto fold feature to shut down the blades. The auto was to fold it up during a stromg wind which could tear the head apart. The manual was to shut it down when your tank/pond was full. They were usually placed on a high point to catch more wind and because water runs down hill which was handy for multi water points for livestock and even critical irrigation during a drought>
If you have the right location with wind, watertable and pitch These make great additions to a green power system because the power potential of the water is many times what can be stored in batteries {a simple water wheel can easily convert the water weight to electrical power and with a tight system the water can be used for other uses.

Louisa-Chen

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
I've actually been looking on line at building my own. They don't look that hard to make, and are much cheaper than buying one. I'm thinking of putting one up at the farm to help power my tack shed. You do need to get an alternator from a car, and modify it, but the modification is supposed to be easy.
Usually, 3Kwatt-10Kwatt are suitable for farm use.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Louisa-Chen said:
Denim Deb said:
We're not talking the whole farm, we're talking an 8x12 tack shed on the farm where I board my horses. This would be more of an experiment for when I do get my own farm.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Louisa-Chen said:
Denim Deb said:
We're not talking the whole farm, we're talking an 8x12 tack shed on the farm where I board my horses. This would be more of an experiment for when I do get my own farm.
Call me a cynic but I suspect Chen sells wind power equipment. Would you like some eggs with your spam?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Make sure you're allowed to put up a wind turbine of any kind. We can but it requires survey and permits and it's restricted in height. With where I am on the edge of two big ponds and with this marsh, it would never pass survey because of all the wildlife.

Yes, when the first post in a thread is selling something, take anything they say about it with a bunch of salt.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
~gd said:
Denim Deb said:
Louisa-Chen said:
Call me a cynic but I suspect Chen sells wind power equipment. Would you like some eggs with your spam?
I suspected as much from the first post, but I had planned on starting a thread on this subject anyway, so decided to see what direction the discussion went in.

Louisa-Chen

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Yum....this ist what I want. At the very start, I just wanna to talk about home wind turbines. Do you have any proof to prove that I am selling anything? My words contain links or pics? ...omg...:(

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Forgive us if you're not a spammer, but w/the tone of your initial thread, and knowing that many spammers start threads that follow that pattern, we tend to be leery. And, not having pics or links unfortunately, isn't proof that someone isn't a spammer. New posters aren't allowed to have either until they've reached a certain number of posts. Plus, we've been getting a lot of spammers lately.