Home wind turbine building tips

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Louisa-Chen said:
Yum....this ist what I want. At the very start, I just wanna to talk about home wind turbines. Do you have any proof to prove that I am selling anything? My words contain links or pics? ...omg...:(
:/ Sorry.

I still have a strong desire to build a scrap heap VAWT. Pretty cheap for a bit of power. It's pretty windy most days where I live. Cool thing about them is that they're fairly easy to build and install since they're so close to the ground. When the wind is really blowing, they keep on charging instead of shutting down like the HAWTs.
Downside is that the HAWTs are more efficient.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Louisa-Chen said:
Yum....this ist what I want. At the very start, I just wanna to talk about home wind turbines. Do you have any proof to prove that I am selling anything? My words contain links or pics? ...omg...:(
Nope no proof or I would have hit the report button. First day of posting-Strike one
Words Why should people pick tou to answer their questions [unless you are selling systems]? And these cut and pastes:
"Now, recommend Hummer home wind turbine energy systems for residential and household use."
H2.7-500W Wind Solar Hybrid System.
H8.0-10KW Grid Connected System

Somehow I suspect that the H in the model number stands for 'Hummer'' and I did say that I suspected you sell wind power equipment and guess what I still do.
Actually I think you are allowed to sell on this site but it must be posted in the right place.~gd

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
I've actually been looking on line at building my own. They don't look that hard to make, and are much cheaper than buying one. I'm thinking of putting one up at the farm to help power my tack shed. You do need to get an alternator from a car, and modify it, but the modification is supposed to be easy.
Alternators require relatively high RPM to produce significant current. I think a permanent magnet DC motor is preferred...

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Could be. I know I was looking at some different sites, and they talked about a simple modification that enabled you to use an alternator (I think) from a car, but I could be wrong. I'll admit to not being the most mechanically inclined person in the world. :lol:

Latest posts