Home work ideas

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am in the EXACT same boat! I despise the company I work for - I think they are highly unethical. But it seems insane to quit a job with a decent paycheck in this climate. Personally, I would love to raise pork, beef and chicken for friends and family (which I am fortunate to have a lot of!), so DH and I are starting with chickens, and going to expand from there. Good luck!!

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Wow--that's quite an exhaustive list!!

I have done medical transcription at home, and it worked great for me. I hope to quite my at-clinic transcription job in the future and expand my vegetable share (CSA) business instead, plus meat birds, more eggs, honey, soap, body and lip balm...

Just 2 ideas.

My friend and SIL have done well with Creative Memories and Stampin' Up at-home businesses.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i did mystery shopping for years and it was great until i had 3 kids but they are going to school now so i may take it up again

Cinebar

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wannabefree:

Have you tried any of those work at home sites?

I was skimming through them and came across this one: www.mturk.com . It caught my eye because it's an Amazon site and I guess (in my mind) that gives it some credibility.

I'm still trying to figure out exactly how it works but it looks like you verify websites, as well as doing some other things like answering questions about hotels in Norfolk, VA and gay bars in Brazil.

Anyway, I think I've made four cents but it says the payment hasn't been approved yet so I'm not sure.

I was just wondering if anyone has tried it.

I could see where a person could make a few bucks every day once they (meaning me) figures out the ins and outs.

I have made some money at http://www.textbroker.com/a/home.php. You write content for websites and blogs and the amount you get paid depends on what level they grade your writing at. I started at level 4, which pays 1.5 cents per word, but was later upgraded to level 5 (5 cents per word). The first couple of months, I kind of went at it like a gangbuster and made a couple of hundred dollars each month. The last couple of months, though, I seem to have developed writer's block or something and have had a hard time knuckling down to it; I will likely only have about $10.00 going into my PayPal account this week. I have had no problems getting paid for the work I've done and I consider them legitimate.

I wish I could get my writing mojo back. :he

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I have only tried a few of those. After I got that list, I found something else work from home. Convergy's is a decent one that some of my friends have done. That's the only one I can recall off the top of my head. As I remember the list came from a person who worked from home for a living and just collected information on which ones were legit and networked with other work from home folks who verified some of these and then she added them to the list. SO, I can't say firsthand that they are all legit, but they are supposed to be. Is that clear as mud? :lol: