Homemade Briquettes

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL--I know what you mean about the smileys. When I place them in they never end up in the right spot either..HA HA HA

WOW you sound pumped. Funny thing is if there is no product out there like this, and you create something that burns long, and is made from recycled, possible free things, wow, there is potential to the max there gal!

And it is a good feeling that a product you could produce would be from waste and such.....and is burned and used with no true waste after. Win/win situation actually!

I can't wait to hear how the experimental briquettes come out for you!

Cool you could end up with a good business from just chatting on the 'net...LOL

erthymom2

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
try this, we did it for summer camp fire starters and they sold at the farm stands like hotcakes next to the bundles of firewood we also sold:

put into a metal garbage can some dried leaves, shredded paper, dry straw or hay and then using your weedwacker shredd/chop the heck out of it. Add water in to make it clumpy: if you can pick up a handful and squeeze it into shape, it's ready.

spread out a tarp or plastic feed bag onto a table and make hambergers out of this chopped up stuff. leave it to dry and then put several into a baggie to sell.

We put some cinnomom and rosemary in one batch and boy did it smell great.

you can usually get about $3.00 per baggie of six around here for 'em.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
erthy

that is a fab idea! scented fire starters! and so cheap and easy!!!

erthymom2

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
thanks. we came up with it as a way to help my sons earn money towards things in the Fall like hunting lisences, ammo and those "got-to-have" deer hunting clothes.

FarmerChick said:
erthy

that is a fab idea! scented fire starters! and so cheap and easy!!!

shareneh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
[
289_img_1875.jpg

These are my homemade briquettes. They work nicely except that they are so compact they take forever to start burning. I had to use newspaper to get them started LOL.

289_img_1877.jpg

289_img_1881.jpg