Homemade Carmel Candy

detali

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
A long time ago I read somewheres that you can make carmel candy the easy way. Just place a can of sweetened condensed milk, unopened, into a pot of water and boil it for several hours. Take it out, let it cool to the touch, open the can and enjoy fresh carmel candy. Has anybody else heard of this?

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have boiled the unopened can of sweetened condensed milk and gotton a delicious, thick carmel sauce. It is great on ice cream!

kyrochka

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
VT-Chicklit said:
I have boiled the unopened can of sweetened condensed milk and gotton a delicious, thick carmel sauce. It is great on ice cream!
O'ya... Yammy. It's good also just as a spread on white bread. My Mom used to make it and we gulped it with tea.
For how long did you have to boil it?

detali

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I just did it today. I put an un-opened can of sweetened, condensed milk into a gallon jar of water and put them into my solar oven. They were in there all day. I saw the water boiling. Now I spooned out dollops of delicious caramel onto wax paper to solidify a little. Ohhh, it's delicious candy. Just like I remember from when I was a kid.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:clap

You better keep an eye on that solar oven! I want it!!! Especially if you can make candy in it!

ETA I can't believe I misspelled solar! Fat finger syndrome!

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
kyrochka said O'ya... Yammy. It's good also just as a spread on white bread. My Mom used to make it and we gulped it with tea.
For how long did you have to boil it?
I boiled it for about 2 hours and it was very yummy!

Latest posts