Homemade chocolate topping?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Occamstazer said:
I was pleasantly suprised at the way the butter incorporated into it, and then stayed incorporated. I kind of expected a layer of fat on top. As I was cooking it, the butterfat globules got smaller and smaller, then eventually dissapeared. Where'd they go? I imagine it has something to do with the behavior of chocolate and fat when combined together?
The butter emulsified.....cool huh?

Sounds liek ti was great...I am tempted to try it, maybe to dip berries in!

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I thought I'd resurrect this thread to update a possibly important bit.
That cool emulsification thing that happened? After a day or more of refrigeration, it un-happened. The choc sauce has like...sand grain-sized globs of butterfat in it. It's not too big of a deal, but I wouldn't serve it to guests.
Next time, I'll leave off the butter and just use heavy cream instead of milk. I shoulda listened to you, Freemotion.

It also seems thinner than when it was warm, which surprises me. It's *fabulous* for chocolate milk. I've been having a glass of whole milk with two Tbs of the chocolate syrup in it for breakfast every day :lol:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I hope I remember this thread in the spring when I have heavy cream again! I want to experiment with this one, for sure!

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
*Loose pudding* :gig

I'm weird, but I like my chocolate sauce to be thick and spreadable. Like ganache. :drool Did I just say ganache? Oh man, gotta find the chocolate now.