Homemade deodorant

ilovetodig

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I just use dry baking soda. It works great even when I work out in the garden. Keeps me dry and odor free. I apply a little and rub under my arms after bathing at night and in the morning. LOVE it.

I also rub it into my wet hair and rinse with a mixture of vinegar and water (1 to 6 parts vinegar to water). It cleans my hair nicely and my head doesn't have any little scaly areas any more. I use cheap white vinegar. I don't know if it will work for long hair as mine is short, but it might be worth a try. It did take a period of adjustment and getting rid of the residue of the shampoo and conditioner I had been using--a couple of weeks.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
elijahboy said:
yes i also have those fish belly white legs

big brown horse said:
elijahboy said:
yeah i need the ingrdients cause that sounds like the beginnings of a self tanner
You are too funny!! I have a friend with fish belly white legs, I should make her some! :lol:

Thanks for sharing the ingredients. My next project!!
The classic self tanner used in the north is baby oil and iodine. caution excess iodine will give a orange rather than a light tan. also this will not stop you from tanning or burning underneath it. It just kills that fishy white look and keeps the skin from drying out while working on natural tan.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
I like a thin paste made from baking soda, olive olive and essential oil--right now I'm using lemongrass EO...

kristenm1975

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wow! You guys are coming up with some AWESOME ideas!! I love the one about putting baking soda in wet hair and rinsing with vinegar/water solution! My scalp's been killing me lately, all scaly and itchy and dandruffy. Yuck.

I'll absolutely try some of the ideas here for the deodorant. I like the one I use now too though. It's witch hazel, a little bit of apple cider vinegar, grapefruit seed extract, and essential oils of grapefruit and lavender. Seems to work nicely. I don't sweat a lot though.

Latest posts