Homemade deodorant

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
yes i also have those fish belly white legs

big brown horse said:
elijahboy said:
yeah i need the ingrdients cause that sounds like the beginnings of a self tanner
You are too funny!! I have a friend with fish belly white legs, I should make her some! :lol:

Thanks for sharing the ingredients. My next project!!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I simply use just plain old baking soda as deoderant. It works better than anything I have ever used. Just put a 'blush brush" in a box on your bathroom vanity and powder it on:>)

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
meh... i just go stinky...

;-)

but i have been wondering about making your own.. hum...

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Super simple version: your favorite lotion mixed with baking soda to make a paste, and stored in a pretty jar. Or an ugly plastic container. Either way. :p

pgy710

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
An update- have been using the alcohol to completely dry out before applying the homemade deo, and the darkness IS fading! Have made a new batch with less cornstarch too. So far so good! Thanks to everyone for their help!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Good! Glad it is working!

I just switched to Burts Beeswax lotion and baking soda with a few drops of essential eucalyptus oil. One word: FANTASTIC! It works!! I'm in awe!! And I put it on today after a fresh shave and it didn't burn!

Thank you for starting this thread!

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
pgy710 said:
Read an article somewhere (think it was TipNut) re: homemade deodorant using coconut oil, baking soda, essential oil (tea tree), and cornstarch. Made it and I absolutely LOVE it- no stink and very little sweat- TONS cheaper than the mitchum I was going through by the crate, and much healthier to boot!! My question is that it is making the skin in my pits quite dark-- not itchy or red, but kind of like a deep dark tan. It does not feel irritated, but sleeveless season is here and I'd like not to be self concious about lifting my arms! Any thoughts?? (Sorry for the length of the post but I wanted to be thorough-Thanks!):/
What kind of cornstarch did you use? Since a lot of it comes from GMO corn these days, is it possible there's some strange gene spliced in there that causes tanned armpits?

Thanks for the recipe. I'm going to try it. I like the idea of using a deodorant where all the ingredients are edible.