Homemade Glass Cleaner recipes

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have an oil diffuser for air freshener. Orange and eucalyptus essential ouls are our favorites. A few drops in the water and it's great. The diffuser is a himalayan salt lamp so the light from it is soothing as well.

Oh and the bowl of water (with optional orange peel or vinegar for deodorizing) in the microwave for 5 minutes is good. It's the only way to clean the thing. Since it's simple wiping after that.

bambi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Glad it worked for you tortoise, I really like it as well, no streaks and you don't have to put in any effort. I have found that windows and glass stay cleaner longer and no film. I was told that house cleaners use to use it because it was great for removing film and smoke when they cleaned cabins, but I don't know this for a fact but I tend to believe it probably has some truth to it

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Rubbing alcohol also works great on glass but would be a pain for things as big as car windows. My son used to work at a place where the made windows, and that's what they used.

When I slice oranges, lemons or limes, I often use the last of it to clean with. It adds a great smell and will clean counter tops quickly with a great smell. It's also great to clean your hands and get rid of smells after touching fish or onions. Just bs careful. If you have the tiniest cut, you'll find it quickly with citrus!

I agree, vinegar in the shower as a spray or in a microwave works great.

@Lazy Gardener, we had sliced oranges with breakfast. After breakfast, the peels went into a pan of water on the stove with a drop of vanilla and cinnamon (I'm out of cloves) on the stove. I've had it on low as an air freshener. If I don't boil too much water out, this can later be used as a spray for bugs or for cleaning.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Citrus peels down the garbage disposer to freshen it up. It freshens the whole kitchen.

I don't use the garbage disposal for much, but since the dishwasher drains through there I need to run it with citrus about once a month.