Homemade Glass Cleaner recipes

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
oh cool! I'd never heard of the cornstarch either! sounds so easy! And cheaper than what I'm looking at. 1 part water, 1 part vinegar, 1 part vodka. infused vinegar and essential oils if desired.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My last post disappeared:

Dish washer soap: 1/4 C LemiShine, 1 C baking soda. I keep these mixed in a small jar. When it's time to wash dishes, I put a Tbsp or so in the soap dispenser along with a few drops of liquid dawn. Works as well as any commercial product.

Home made laundry detergent: https://www.hunker.com/12004010/homemade-laundry-soap-with-fels-naptha

This is a non sudsing cleaner. Great for HE washers. It also works well as a tub cleaner.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have an oil diffuser for air freshener. Orange and eucalyptus essential ouls are our favorites. A few drops in the water and it's great. The diffuser is a himalayan salt lamp so the light from it is soothing as well.

Oh and the bowl of water (with optional orange peel or vinegar for deodorizing) in the microwave for 5 minutes is good. It's the only way to clean the thing. Since it's simple wiping after that.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Citrus peels down the garbage disposer to freshen it up. It freshens the whole kitchen.

I don't use the garbage disposal for much, but since the dishwasher drains through there I need to run it with citrus about once a month.