Homemade ranch dressing?

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Anybody have a recipe for homemade ranch dressing? I tried searching for one on here, but didn't find it. I'm thinking it'll be something good to do with my kefir ;) And ranch is good with EVERYTHING!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ya know it is funny cause this is the one thing that I don't like when I make it from scratch haha I love Hidden Valley Lite Ranch
OMG I could live on it but if anyone posts on how they make it, I might try it again :p

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I'm with FC on this one. I have tried countless times to master a ranch dressing. My closest is adding some dehydrated chives, salt, dried onion flakes, garlic powder, a bit of paprika and dill to kefir, or sourcream and mix with some buttermilk and mayo. It is, at least for me a taste testing thing--not a recipe following thing. and you have to actually wait to taste it, as you need the dried ingredients to moisten.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
:caf

Hidden Valley is my fav too. But a good recipe would be wonderful. I have not been able to come close either.

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks - have several copied/pasted into a word doc, and will be playing with it! I'll let you know the results :D

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
After reading the first ingredient was soy last night while eating dinner I vowed to make my own. This is the recipe I have. I have not tried it yet. But if Abiefae made it I am sure its good. :D

Abifae Ranch

1/2 cup mayonnaise or sour cream
1 clove garlic, peeled
2-3 pinches kosher salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
2-3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon cilantro or parsley, minced
1 tablespoon fresh chives, snipped
kosher salt
black pepper

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I used to have to make this ALL the time for DD. She's allergic to store bought ranch and boy can she go through this stuff!

Riley's Ranch

1/4 cup buttermilk
1 cup sour cream (or mayo she decided she preferred sour cream)
1 tablespoon chives
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon ACV
1 teaspoon olive oil

Keeps refrigerated for 2 weeks....not that it ever lasted that long with her :lol:

ETA: Abi's sounds good too!! I may have to make a batch of hers and try it too ;) Now I'm craving carrot sticks and ranch :p

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Haven't tried it - yet. Tonight! I think I'm gonna do a combo of Abifae's Ranch and Riley's ranch (love me some cilantro!), and throwing the ACV in there is a good way to get it into me ;)

I do however, plan to use my "fresh" kefir for the buttermilk, and my kefir cheese in place of the sour cream (I haven't yet been able to get it to drain to the thickness of cream cheese - maybe I'm too impatient!). Reports tomorrow!

Latest posts