Homemade stretch mark cream

rd200

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi ya all... I am 12 weeks pregnant with twins and I have quite bad stretch marks from 11 years ago when i had my other son. And now there is 2!!! Im sure i will get ALOT bigger this time. Any good recipies for stretch mark cream?? I have alot of butters and oils to make my lotion, but want something specifically for my tummy. I was thinking mostly cocoa butter, but wondering if there is anything else i should put in there. Seems the internet just has alot of suggestions for already made creams and such which im not interested in. Thanks!!!

MuranoFarms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I would probably stick with cocoa butter and vitamin E. If I remember right, those were the 2 main ingredients in the cream I had 18 years ago...and I didn't get 1 streatch mark,

Good luck!

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Stretchmarks are genetic. The parts of your skin that actually stretch are not touched by moisturizers. However, if you want to make it, you should try cocoa butter, vitamin E and shea. Avocado is another good one, as well as some coconut oil.

rd200

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
Stretchmarks are genetic. The parts of your skin that actually stretch are not touched by moisturizers. However, if you want to make it, you should try cocoa butter, vitamin E and shea. Avocado is another good one, as well as some coconut oil.
Interesting.......yes i will probably make some yet cuz my poor belly itches like crazy cuz i have really dry skin already, so this isnt making it any better. Im surprised I have any skin left after fall and winter :D