Homemade Tick Repellent?????What about other bugs! not just ticks

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
I don't know if any of you know this, but I am a TICK magnet! I get close to 20 ticks per year. I have heard that vicks vaporub will help, but I don't want to put medicine on my body every time I go hunting or even into tall grass. Does any body knoe how to make homemade repellents?

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Where long pants! ;)

Sorry, that's all the advice I have!

My mom always uses Skin So Soft from Avon. I'm not sure the ingredients, but remember hearing someone say you could make a homemade version of that w/ essential oils. Not sure how well it works though? I know it doesn't smell as potent as vicks!

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
I do where long pants, and shirts, and socks. hmmm. I think they get in around my neck.

Asher

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Guineas ;-) That's what we're doing, anyway. We never get them anywhere except out heards or that general vicinity.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
That is what I have told my parents. A lot of the ticks I get are from hunting. I don't think taking a guinea hunting would work very well :lol:

yotetrapper

Power Conserver
Reaction score
ticks said:
That is what I have told my parents. A lot of the ticks I get are from hunting. I don't think taking a guinea hunting would work very well :lol:
Depends on what yer hunting, think a squawking guinea might work just fine for coyote calling. lol.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Oh yea! But most the times I get shots off at Yotes is when I am deer hunting.