Homemade Velveeta Cheese

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DH was super excited when I showed him this. He loves the way velvetta melts on broccoli & in chicken spaghetti.

"Now we can have extra sharp, just plain cheese that gets all melty & creamy? COOL!"

Thanks for the recipe!

The YardFarmers

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Let me know how it turns out- I'm always nervous I'll make a mistake when I post a recipe. I really hate it when I try a new recipe and it flops.

I need to make some more- it makes plenty so I think I'll make some of the variations.

Good luck,

YardFarmer Julie

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ya know, I didn't even remember the gelatin in this recipe, but we've made the cheese 3 times so far without it. It has been fabulous and so very easy. Less than 15 minutes all told, from shredding to adding it to the dish. DH (the self-affirmed velveeta addict) is hooked.

We used extra sharp white cheddar. I added a little fermented garlic to the last batch.

Last night we had chicken "spaghetti" with chicken, onions, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes & the garlicky cheese over rice noodles. Yum yum :)

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this freezes well? I have an occassional recipe that calls for some but not necessarily the whole block.

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yay! :weee
Josh has an amazing dip that he makes, and I HATE that he uses velveeta, but so far it is the only thing that melts properly. I can't wait to try this.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey Adienbaby (welcome back, btw!) we cut the recipe waaay down and just made enough for the meal. Heck, we didn't even chill it. Just let it sit in a bowl until time to add it to the recipe. It still gelled a bit, like a really thick cheese sauce.

Soooo Occam, about that dip...? :lol:

ETA: Duh, there's the recipe over there on the hubba hubba thread... Somebody :smack me