Hope this works! Update!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Guess it depends on the state. But the idea is to make sure a person knows how to handle a gun, knows gun safety, won't just shoot at anything that moves, etc. You cannot get a license w/out it.
Too bad some of the morons around these parts don't have get re-tested.......

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
must be the area cause truly in my location there are responsible hunters mostly.

huh

people aren't stupid with guns around my location. nothing to mind truly jumps to the front to chat about so I know my group and more are responsible type hunters.

interesting because of course when you do guns and people many can be stupid as sin and take it into extreme dangerous.

edited to say tho, tresspass hunting sucks and we have that

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Remember too, Jersey is one of the most densely populated states. Other than muzzle loaders, it's a shotgun state since shot won't travel as far. But, in spite of how densely populated it is in spots, there are large areas that aren't populated at all. My minister has told me that if we rode our horses from his area towards the Delaware River, we could ride all day-and not see another person.

D1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
must be the area cause truly in my location there are responsible hunters mostly.

a responsible will NOT tresspass to hunt.that I part of what we cover in Hunters ed

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
D1 said:
FarmerChick said:

a responsible will NOT tresspass to hunt.that I part of what we cover in Hunters ed
I agree. but of course there is always the one pain that just has to cross the line and purposely hunt private land.

Our friend hunts our land. his deer camera got stolen. not sure if it was a hunter or a person just walking our land who took it.

sometimes it is just ignorance in the woods because if you have permission to hunt someone's 100 acres, next thing you know they are on your land. cause they don't know property lines. 100 acres isn't that much actually, so you can easily cross onto someone else's land without even knowing it. :)

I used to ride an old trail thru our farm. One day a lady was in the trail when I came around a corner walking her dog. she says do you have permission to ride here? I say, uh this is our farmland. she says no it is their land LOL I told her sorry. I thought the was on my land. It came out onto others property I had permission to ride but cut thru her land a bit. huh, well anyway we chatted and got that settled and I got permission to ride thru to the other trails. So sometimes it can be a simple problem of just not knowing just where you cross the line.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Hubby told me I got a letter today. And, it was from NJ DEP. I opened it up, and have my replacement! I can now get my hunting license! I can see about getting a permit for spring turkey! :weee Guess I need to start shooting again cuz it's been awhile, and I think it would probably be better if I practiced some B4 hunting.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
We have to take a hunter safety course if you are a juvenile hunting alone. I took a course when I was 16 and got my card but it has long since been lost.

Most people here don't bother with the course but if you are under 18 then you have to show the card if you are buying your own license. I'm 36...it doesn't matter anymore :lol:

Just cause you take the class doesn't mean you'll be any safer in the woods. If you don't know where you are, who is in the woods with you, or how to operate a firearm then all the classes in the world aren't gonna make you a better hunter.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Well, the classes are free, so it's not a waste of tax payer money.