HOT!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
That's what I call a lazy wind. It's too lazy to go around ya, so it goes right thru ya. (I got that out of a book years ago. :D )

Yesterday was hot, in the 80s. Today, I'm supposed to go canoeing-and it's in the 60s and cloudy. :/

PacasNChicks

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
It's not HOT til it's 108 ... thats when I hit the pool 24/7's. I'm okay til then but I will be honest and say I can't wait til my home in the Valley sells so I can be up North where it's a good 18 degrees cooler! I won't EVEN miss this heat!!!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
But at least where you live, it's a dry heat. Live on the East Coast like I do, and you have the humidity as well. (Or any other place that has to deal w/it)

PacasNChicks

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
But at least where you live, it's a dry heat. Live on the East Coast like I do, and you have the humidity as well. (Or any other place that has to deal w/it)
really ... I was born and raised up and down the Coast of CA and was literally spoiled by the ocean breezes. Well, we moved to Boston one summer, arriving on the 4th of July and I wanted nothing more than to turn around and head back!!! I had never lived in Humidty and I know Boston isn't the most humid place in the country but it was enuff for me!!! So, I definately prefer the dry heat over that humid weather. Northern AZ will be even nicer! hopefully soon

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Florida's even worse! It's just as humid, but even hotter.

PacasNChicks

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Florida's even worse! It's just as humid, but even hotter.
I've heard Florida and some parts of Texas are bad ... have never been to either State. When driving from California to Boston, I noticed somewhere around Indiana how humid the weather was getting. It was such a new and beautiful drive, I really never noticed until pulling into a town just West of Boston. I take my hat off to ALL who live and stay / survive in those humid states!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I've never been to Texas, but I've been to Florida. Hubby's talked about moving there when he retires. All I can say is, if he does, hope he enjoys it cuz I ain't going!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
humidity is deadly awful!!

one year we were so humid we put down many acres of hay. the humidity ruined it. even after tethering it was heavy with moisture. we lost that hay.

humidity stinks :p

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm between Houston and Galveston so I know humidity! It does suck, you literally can not get cool when moisture (sweat) won't evaporate. It's a recipe for disaster and heat exhaustion/stroke is no fun at all. Don't ask me how know...:(