How are the gas prices in your area?

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
Up to 3.05 in Colorado. Cost an extra 90 cents to fill up over what it cost last week at this time. Going to fill the Suburban up today. I actually have to pay for the gas on that one. By the time the Burb needs more gas it will probably be up to 3.99 a gallon.

We need a Dr Seuss bicycle.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
crap
$3.19 TO $3.34 this morning

screw them but yea, I will use less. my only way of combating the situation.

stinks but WE ALL must change our usage. And I mean GLOBAL

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Went up 8c per litre overnight (32c per gallon) to $1.12 per litre today ($4.48 per gallon).

But that's the first increase since early last week, so I think they were waiting to see what would really happen with oil prices.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Ours came down a little overnight -- last night it was $1.21.3 (ish) per litre, as of two hours ago it was down to $1.18.9/L

(for pretty close conversion to US$/gallon, multiply by four, although yeah a litre is not *exactly* a quart and the exchange rate today is up to $1.02)

Pat

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
crap
$3.19 TO $3.34 this morning

screw them but yea, I will use less. my only way of combating the situation.

stinks but WE ALL must change our usage. And I mean GLOBAL
Every time it goes up, you see more small cars on the road. Eventually people will get used to rubbing shoulders when they're driving. Over in Europe you really do see 4 250 lb guys with wide shoulders stuck in a Fiat or cars like it.

We really are the only nation that has such a high average number of cars per person and we do use a much higher amount of gas. We're also the only country that doesn't have the vast majority of their population convinced of global warming caused by human activity or even believing in global warming. So the reduction in use will be very slow to occur.

chipmunk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, the price went up at Costco overnight from $2.99 to $3.10. Boy, am I glad I topped off the tank yesterday!

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
AND......I just ran out of oil to heat the house and water! :barnie Fireplace going, two sweaters, and maybe boil water for a bath. I can't afford to buy more oil! :he