How are the gas prices in your area?

kitchwitch

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Last night it was $3.25, but I saw some stations changing to $3.35. Hubby says that it's likely to hit $3.50 soon because Khadafi is a nutcase. I'm in western PA, btw.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
flossy said:
Hi all, I am paying $1.99 a liter, times that by just off four and you have a gallon, yip thats just under $8 a gallon LOL. Can I come and pick up some $3 a gallon gas, I'll pay shipping!!! ha ha ha This is what happens when you live on an island at the bottom of the pacific!
Indeed.... as with food prices, Americans tend not to know how good they've actually got it!

Even in Canada -- *not* an island at the bottom of the Pacific, and not really very much different than the US in most cost-of-living things -- our gas went up overnight to what converts to about $4.80/gallon (converting to US dollars and gallons, I mean). And that is in the Toronto area, there are certainly much more expensive areas of the country in terms of gas prices, lord only knows what it's like there.

Current British gas prices are upwards of $8/gallon (converting to US dollars and gallons). Yes, as a previous poster mentioned they do have a lot of small and fuel-efficient vehicles there... and ya know why? It's cuz gas is so stinkin' expensive in Britain!!! Americans could perfectly well do it too.

Pat

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yesterday at the cheapest gas station it was $3.38 a gallon for regular.

Who knows what it is today. On my way home last night I saw the fuel truck show up to fill the tanks. It seems like every time they get more gas, price goes up.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
Had to drive into the Raleigh, NC area this afternoon, all seemed around $3.07-$3.09. Luckily, down the street it's "only" $3.02. :/
Up to $3.15 at the same place, as of yesterday. :(

BarefootMom

Power Conserver
Reaction score
For regular unleaded $2.98

but for diesel...which we mostly burn- $3.34 ugh. and the 36 gallon tank is not fun to fill.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
$3.50+
Diesel is over $3.70
$3.56 yesterday.
I am expecting a huge jump soon. Summer is coming soon, and then add in the issues overseas.

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sunny said:
Yesterday at the cheapest gas station it was $3.38 a gallon for regular.

Who knows what it is today. On my way home last night I saw the fuel truck show up to fill the tanks. It seems like every time they get more gas, price goes up.
I took my DH lunch. Noticed now it is at...

$3.43 for Regular (lowest grade)
At the cheaperst gas station.

And I saw the gas trucks there to fill the tanks again.
Bet it will be even higher tommarrow..

Pretty soon we are going to have to lived in our cars cause the gas is going to eat into our rent money. We live month to month with no extra left over. I have barely been able to stock up.. What are we to do..

Wallybear

Power Conserver
Reaction score
SW Washington State is $3.35 per gallon for regular.

Latest posts