How are the gas prices in your area?

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We just cleaned all the hay out of the trunk of my poor Sable. Dh swore i was going to tear it up and forbid-yes I said forbid- me to use it to haul hay again in it. His pickup he just got does pretty good on gas. It makes maybe 2o mph. Our last truck got 6. That is why we got rid of it-it was just a lawn ornament becuase we couldn't afford to drive it. In between trucks my poor car had to take up the slack and it has the hay stuck in the upholstry to prove it!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Morel, I once fit a full sized dryer in the Chevette. I also moved a washing machine in the Golf :D

Hubby always tells me "You can't fit that in there!". Pshaw! I am a graphic artist. I spend all day fitting stuff together. My spacial skills are awesome and I used to rock at tetris. If I say something will fit, it will fit!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It's been hovering around $3.32-$3.35 in this area for awhile now.

Niele da Kine

Power Conserver
Reaction score
It's in the mid $4s now and diesel is kissing $5. I pretty much drive with my neighbor to town. We've been consolidating trips to town for the past several years, though, so I dunno anything else we can do to use less. Her car is a VW TDI diesel which gets somewhere around 55 mpg but Hilo town is 30 miles away.

The paperwork is progressing on the house in town, though, so soon we won't have to drive as far to get stuff or for my DH to get to work.

They've been giving away free burros lately, too, I keep thinking I need one with a small cart but my DH just doesn't go along with that plan. I suppose with a house in town, there's not much room for a burro in the backyard so he's probably right, but still! Maybe an even smaller cart and get the dogs to pull it. Or haul it behind the bicycle. That would work in town.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Gas prices have actually come down a bit here. I saw it for $3.19 the other day.

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
On Monday I filled up the van & 2-5 gallon cans and it cost me $100 and the cans weren't even full nor was the van on empty (between 1/4 & 1/2 tank).
Price was $3.77 for regular and I know it's went up since then.

(don't mind me, I'm just keeping a gas price journal so I can look back in a few months and say "I remember when" when the price will probably be double what it is now :barnie )

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yesterday I paid 4.17 and 9/10 for a gallon of Regular. Diesel is up around 4.47.

I only put 20 bucks in my tank. Drove my son to the doc and used half of it to get there and back.

:rant

morgj

Power Conserver
Reaction score
today was $3.69/gal I'm sure it will be different (read higher) tomorrow