How can I make a duck scarf, to protect my ducks neck from a drake?

Fuchsia

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What about just wrapping the neck in vet wrap? (this sort of stuff <<link. I dont know if you guys call it the same thing over there!) It can rip under enough pressure and can be wrapped as many times as you want thick. It is cheap and can be reused to a point, but to prevent infections I'd be inclined to change it daily.

Goodluck! Its not something I have ever thought of, right now my boys are separate from the girls, and those little hussies are crying about it haha.
That's a great idea!

MistyWeeg13

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Why didn't you post this on BYC?
I think I did, all the DIY posts get buried in there. One person usually responds and then your post gets lost. I posted the feeder ball one, and one about chicken bandanas with the same idea in mind as this thread, and all of them had the same result, more people respond to them here.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yeah I am super late coming on here and the question I had was what was the ratio of drakes to hens? I go 1:5 or even as much as 1:7 with good results. Drakes are rapists. True story. I have seen them attacking ducklings to try to force the hens to accept breeding again. If I am really on top of things I sometimes put Dad in jail a few days before I expect babies. Too many drakes and the girls are over stressed.