How could I say no?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Neighbour knocked on my door and asked if we want a kitten. I think the pic says enough!

IMG_20170529_132808#1.jpg

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
How cute! Have you named the little one yet?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
How cute! Have you named the little one yet?
I'm waiting for DS to come home from school and help me pick a name for her. (I'm 90% sure it's a her, I didn't see anything shouting "boy" when I examined it) Betcha he's going to say Oreo!

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Are you able to take a guess at old your new kitty is? When Sparta first came to my household everyone thought he was a she until I had another relative take a closer look and that person said Sparta was definitely a male even though those certain parts hadn't made themselves visible yet. That happened because Sparta was malnurished and on the brink of death.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
VERY cute!!!! I can see why you are powerless to refuse...I love a tuxedo cat. Did you know they have their own website and blog, started by a tuxedo cat, of course. At least, they used to...not sure if it's still around. Found it years ago when I took in a tuxedo cat...they had a US map and everything where one could find all the other tuxedo cats on the site. :D

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@Country homesteader I'm guessing not much older than 7 weeks or so. But regardless of the sex, it's going to the vet as soon as it's old enough to get "fixed". We have too many strays running around here already, this was my second rescue in a few months.

@Beekissed that is so cute!

Oh and DS got over the "Oreo" name he insisted we call our previous kitten and decided to call this one "Lucky" Because she's lucky to get rescued he says.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My BIL had a cat named (we thought- never saw how he spelled it) Hinoshi. I thought it was something Japanesey, and asked him where the name came from. He explained that he took the cat to be spayed one day; he got a call a bit later from the vet saying "I can't spay your cat." "Why not?" "Because she is a he!" Turned out, the cat had so much long fluffy fur that even the vet didn't notice the male accoutrements until AFTER he had cut and realized he couldn't find any ovaries. So the poor thing ended up with both surgeries.

So the cat was renamed to He-No-She

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:lol: That's funny!

Someone I knew years ago took a cat to the vet to get neutered. The vet examined the cat and told them the cat had already been done. Oops :oops:

I put Lucky in the bathroom for the now. First of all so I can FIND him/her when I want to check on it and secondly so the messes are easier to clean up until potty training's done. I went to check on it now and got hissed at so enthusiastically I had to laugh. That little thing's got attitude!