How could I say no?

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
This is just my opinion so it may not matter but I think the name should also go along with a cats temperment, personality and how it came to be in the house. Nope, I didn't name the cats that currently reside in my household. They already had their names and was used to them so it was too late to change them.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That kitten is so darn cute!!! I don't love cats, but they're adorable at someone else's house!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It's not being adorable today! Shouting it's head off in the kitchen and every time I go in there, scoots behind the fridge/cupboard/stove where I can't get hold of it. I hope it's going to get over this being scared stage soon. The last kitten I rescued did this for about 3 days if I remember correctly.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh boy! How do you explain to a kitten that you're only trying to help and you've never once thought about putting a cork in it's mouth, lol!! I'm sure the little darlin' will settle down soon and figure out that you're the best thing that ever happened to it!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
She came upstairs looking for me, but ran off when she saw me. Poor little thing. I'll keep feeding her and talking with her until I won her over. I wish I could talk to her and have her understand me.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
She settled in very well and is every bit as affectionate (and fussy!) as our previous cat. I am 99% sure they are siblings, as they look similar and I know of a tabby that is running around the village, especially our street, and the timing between kittens fit.

Here's Lucky high fiving DS this morning

IMG_20170610_112111.jpg

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Awwwww....I'm so glad she came around to your way of thinking. :love She looks VERY relaxed now! :D

Aren't kittens fun??? My four are old enough now to be exploring and playing in the sunshine but are still scared of the humans, so run to hide each time we go outdoors. Their mama is a good one, so is showing them where the cat center of being is(the carport) and how calm she remains when the humans arrive, so they are getting less and less scared...but will still hiss and try to attack if cornered. :gig

All that will change when they are weaned and realize that I am the food bringer. ;)

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Oh yes, the bearer of food :bow Took mine about 2 days to realise that makes humans a VERY good thing! lol She's a little monster when it comes to feeding time, which in her opinion, should be about 4x a day at least. Apart from that she's great fun and very playful and snuggly :love

I vacuumed the upstairs carpets this morning and last I saw of her was fluffy black and white streak disappearing under my bed.