How do I get rid of moles???

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
They are destroying my yard and garden and I don't want to use pesticides because
1. I just don't want to
2. Kids chickens ducks dogs cat in yard and garden
3 I hate pesticides lol

BUT they have to GOGOGOGO!!!!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I'm not kidding but on Craigslist, there was an ad for a dog to be rented to kill moles. At the end of the ad they wrote "How GREEN is that?"
:lol:

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I have heard of sticking gum down in the holes. I think they can't digest it or something. Good 'ole Wrigley's Juicy Fruit gum!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I have a dog that does this for me. Also a cat. Hey! I should rent them out! :D

Not a bad idea, really. Maybe an ad to board a dog who is known for killing moles?

They say that dropping moth balls in their tunnels work well.

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I never had much luck with the poison you put down in the holes, and now I really don't want to use that.

My 2 young female cats that I got last August are bringing in a mole almost once a week. :D

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
The reason the moles are there is to eat the grubs in your lawn. Reduce the grub population, reduce the moles. You can buy some sort of biological control (I forget if it's spores or nematodes or what) to apply to your lawn, apparently it is not super cheap and takes a couple years of applications to really help but does work in the long run. Also anything you do to improve the condition of your soil and the health of your grass will decrease the grub population somewhat and thus help a bit with moles.

Good luck,

Pat

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Stop feeding that cat and make it earn its living!

Inchy

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
My mom is overrun with moles. She used the moth balls in the tunnels method one year but the moles just changed their tunnel system and she couldn't find out which tunnels were active and which were not.

I offered to loan her my cat but she declined...... :rolleyes:

I've only seen tunnels in one corner of my yard and the next day I had a very large and ugly mole on my front porch! :sick