How do you make husbands grow up? (no offense to already grown up ones

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
dixiefreedom said:
ok here i go with my 2 cents, how was he when you married him? he smoked and was a man that acted like a kid right? well what makes you think he wants to change? It sounds like you may be a touch of a nag and if that's the case you are driving him insane. he sneaks ciggs because he doesn't want to hear your crap, and short answers and not communicating is his way of saying if he gives the wrong answer he will hear you complain about it. We do not need to hear about our faults all the time. If he fears you even in joking then how do you expect him to protect you if a crisis. Hope i didn't make any enemys with this since im not sure of the temperament of this forum.
Whoa!! THAT's a little harsh! :p Sorry, Dixie, but I will have to take the female, or even the human, perspective on this one.

As Cassandra pointed out, after 10 years of marriage, a person should have grown past the "kid" stage and have matured somewhat. Its called maturity and, if we don't get it, we shouldn't have all the other perks of adulthood either. Like having a partner to share expenses, the workload, and child-rearing with.

UNLESS....the man, who just doesn't want to have to change into a responsible adult doesn't really WANT those things, at which point I would say....leave him to his childhood and find a real man.

As for smoking...its expensive and it damages the family structure in more ways than one. It has the potential of draining the bank account, incurring debt from extensive medical bills, and leaving a widow and fatherless children to clean up the emotional and financial mess.

What it all boils down to is this: Mutual consideration. If you love someone you will consider their happiness and try to be considerate of their needs. Not wants, per se. Just their needs. If your wife needs a man, instead of a kid, its what you should be. If your man needs a wife, instead of a professional shopaholic who never cooks, cleans or has sex, then its what you should be. If neither can agree to be considerate of each other's needs, then they NEED to be apart!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dacs
I am sure Santa will bring you a clean pair.
Tony is getting a few pairs....all wrapped with a pretty bow! :gig

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I just bought 20 pairs of socks this evening to put under the tree for the boys!! Something in my house just loves those yummy socks......*going to look under the couch*.

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
I just bought 20 pairs of socks this evening to put under the tree for the boys!! Something in my house just loves those yummy socks......*going to look under the couch*.
Don't forget to look under the cushions and in the creases of the furniture, too. A favorite sock storing compartment of boys in my experience. LOL

Cassandra

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I am still trying to talk DH into throwing half of the couch out....huge corner couch...so before he does I will have to have someone go all through it and check for socks! Since we pile all of our clothes on the couch until we sort and put them away there is probably some underwear in there too!!!!!!LOL!!

(I can not even get down on the floor or bend over in the least so me searching for a stray sock or two is pretty much out of the question!LOL!!!)

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
punkin said:
Are ya'll getting the same add on the bottom of this thread page that I am?

"Meet Married Women"
to the effect of "Are you married but feeling bored?"

unbelievable!!

eta: now it's an add for Chevy Malibu

sorry, not trying to hijack the thread

got it again: it also said "Find married women for fun"
You guys gotta let me know when you see that junk. I swear I thought Google was above that kind of stuff (guess they are needing the money like many others).

While I thought it was interesting that they targeted this thread with the ad I've gone ahead and put the url into google to see if they will remove it from our ads. :fl

It will be so nice to get this forum to the place where we can sell ads directly.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
BTW, I've got to get my wife to read this thread. She sometimes thinks I'm wired too tightly (yes, I'm anal about a lot of things) and she'd probably like me to relax more.

I wish I could find the perfect balance between being stressed out being the sole bread winner for the family and being too relaxed saying "everything will be okay."

Does that make sense?