How do you save seeds?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:smack I wouldn't sell them to YOU! ! :duc

But I would send you some for free!! :D

I have to get them all soaked and dried and I'll post on here when I do and let you know....I have tons!!! :)

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
oooh, Ooooh... <raising hand> pick me pick me! Could you please send me some also? I don't need alot! I'd greatly appreciate it!

TIA!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yep, will work on getting some seeds finished out and will package them appropriately and share, share, share....these pumpkins were my favorite plant in the garden this year. I anticipate planting many more next year to sell and preserve.

funkychicken

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Beekissed... If you have enough to share I would greatly appreciate the chance to grow some..they sound wonderful...I will gladly pay the postage

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
When I get them ready I will create a thread and will parcel out as many as I have available. That's what SS is all about, isn't it? Working together as a community for the betterment of each member! If we lived close this is how it should be.

I think it would be a great thing to have a barter/swap heading on here for just such things as this. Seed saving, especially heritage seeds, is so important to SS. Yeah we can order from a catalog, but how long will that be available to us before this resource gets harder and harder to find. Some stupid regulation will be put into place about sending seeds across state lines or some such and then we'll all be scrambling to have the seeds that are not hybrid. :/