How I want to live...

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have seen underground like this.
but not me but cool

I want above ground LOL

research the problems on underground (well heck vs. above ground I guess it is a draw lol)

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i would love to live in that.......maybe the husband would disagree but thats friggin awesome

dfr1973

Power Conserver
Reaction score
It's a hobbit home! I've actually seen plans/instructions for building one ... didn't bookmark it because hubby really rolled his eyes and brought up the water-table vs digging situation in NE FL (again). I think they're cute as buttons, but hubby insists we are too tall to be hobbits. :gig

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Uhh, yeah, I think an underground in FL would be a wee bit of a challenge I wouldn't be up for!!
I don't know about full underground, but even the straw bale building concept would work pretty well. I just love the organic nature of all the shapes and lines. Its just beautiful! What a delight to live IN something that beautiful!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
you can google that underground city in (NM or AZ) not sure where.
it was on TV

very cool and cost of living was so low in that area...and the homes underground were outrageous and LUXURIOUS
and while they 'dug' for a new room or steps they found gems...yup, gems :)

off to remember where I saw that lol

a whole community of underground homes along with business. underground bar/dance floor biz and more.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Don't think it would work here. SJ is too flat. It's cute, but I expect to see a gnome living in it.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
It's a hobbit house!! I LOVE it!!! Seriously beautiful and different....sort of like cob construction but underground. I love it that it still has lots of light coming into the home.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Me too! How quiet and restful it must be....well...except for when those little kids go running and playing through it! :D Imagine growing up in a house like that?? No other home would quite do it for me if I had grown up in a hobbit house.

Latest posts