How long do you think processing 23 9-wk old creepy meaties will take?

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Mrscoyote...from cut throat to end of bleeding is much less than five minutes,imo.Most don't remove innards until bird is rested and chilled. One can surely butcher a fresh killed meatie(remove innards), but it's going to give you a greasy bird to butcher(chicken fat hasn't conjealed yet)and a tense meatie.The reason you wait for a meatie to rest a day is to relax tense muscles, giving you a better eating meatie.Just sharing from my experience....

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Me and DH run at about 12 minutes per bird. We scald and pluck. I do the gutting and if it's been awhile the first bird takes me longer because my mind has to remember. And surgery-sharp knives are the best thing for making it go smooth and fast. :D

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
After reading all these times I feel so slooooooooooooow. Or maybe its just me having to do it all by myself that gets me. The more I do the slower I get. You are all invited to my next killing. :D

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Hey, BBH, I am still wanting to help. That might mean that I tear my man away from his projects and make him help! He needs a lesson in butchering, so I don't think it will take much convincing!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Oh, sorry MtN, people rent them out via craigslist all the time up here. The fellow that is coming over to help is bringing it over. He has used it before and knew who to get it from.

That reminds me, the beer break sounds fantastic, I'm going to ask him what kind of beer he likes. :)

Ok good Drake, we are doing it on the 17th. :clap