How many pairs of shoes do you own???

Alexander

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I've always enjoyed wearing nice, unique shoes. Im not a shoe snob, but I keep my sneakers clean and my dress shoes always polished (for work yeah, Im the teacher that always wears a tie with a tie bar, sometimes cuff-links, and always pleated dress slacks). I have somewhere between 30-40 shoes/boots, my wife on the other hand has about 50! :p

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
1 - pair of black shoes -non-slip work shoes - Worn out
1 - pair of white shoes - non-slip work shoes
okabashi flip flops - 3 years so far and I live in them !
1 pair summer slippers
1 pair winter slipppers

Need to get warm boots before winter gets going. I buy heavy jeans in fall/winter to keep warmer and they are broke in and thinner by summer too.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
The Vail Benton's said:
How many pairs of shoes do I own? I'll never tell!!! You can't make me!!!
come one vail - we're all telling.....

ducks4you

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
dragonlaurel said:
Need to get warm boots before winter gets going.
Get these:
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/59659759/c/1567.html
My Dh, DD and I took an after Christmas trip to Denver in 2007 but DD and I forgot our boots! Went shopping in a Denver mall, and we each bought a pair like these, then bought a pair for my other two DD's. They are the BEST, because they're adjustable with the laces, really warm, and so comfortable that we wore them climbing around in the mountains ALL day long. I have them haning in my downstairs bedroom closet so I'll know where to find them this winter. :D

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Barring the bag of shoes I got from a coworker that I won't wear and need to drop off at Salvation Army? Umm, 6...
1 pair flat-worn-out leather sandals that are too comfy to part with.
1 Pair decent steel toe tennis for work (paper boxes are HEAVY!)
1 Pair mucky boots that are tooooo big (DH's hand me downs)
2 pair nice clunky heeled pumps for dressy occasions, 1 brown & 1 black
1 pair knee high black combat style boots with flame orange laces. My favorites :D

PunkinPeep

Humble Ambitions
Reaction score
A couple of years ago, a nurse friend of mine gave me two pair of nursing tennis-type shoes that she had ordered but didn't fit her, one white, one black. I wear the white ones (which are by no means white anymore) around the yard and chickens. I wear the black ones if i'm going somewhere, including church (we don't really dress up at my church).

I also have a pair of sort of dressy shoes from my working-at-the-courthouse days, which i never wear but keep around for just in case.

To be honest, if i had some occasion that actually warranted really dressing up, at this point, i would probably have to go shopping to find something appropriate. Blech! :sick Shoe shopping is not my thing.

Oh, i also have another pair of tennies my mom gave me that don't actually fit and i need to give away.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
ducks4you said:
dragonlaurel said:
Need to get warm boots before winter gets going.
Get these:
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/59659759/c/1567.html
My Dh, DD and I took an after Christmas trip to Denver in 2007 but DD and I forgot our boots! Went shopping in a Denver mall, and we each bought a pair like these, then bought a pair for my other two DD's. They are the BEST, because they're adjustable with the laces, really warm, and so comfortable that we wore them climbing around in the mountains ALL day long. I have them haning in my downstairs bedroom closet so I'll know where to find them this winter. :D
Thanks for the tip. They looked good - and toasty, but past by budget. Maybe a pair of knock offs.

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ha ha, this is a great thread.

Well, I have 6 pairs of flip flops...

running shoes
casual sneakers
teva sandals
6 pair heels -black, 3 brown, white, beige
2 pair dressy flats
dressy black leather boots
English riding boots
Western riding boots
riding sneakers or whatever they're called
2 pair nice sandals
hiking shoes
casual mary janes

so yeah, a lot. I have a very hard to find size foot. So all of my shoes are either quite expensive and I expect them to last the rest of my life, or they are from Payless and I don't worry about replacing them when the plastic cracks in a few years.

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
a pair of boots ( dont know how old they are-a few years??)

a pair of shoes (daily shoes-2 years old)

Flip flops (wear when ever the weathers nice enough to-I go barefoot and only put them on to go in the store.

Im not a big shoe person. Rather go barefoot if I can.

Reaction score
I have 3 pairs. 1 pair of work boots I use during the winter and whenever I'm working outside where my feet could get injured. 1 pair of sneakers for every day use. 1 pair of dress shoes for funerals, weddings or court appearances.

The work boots are good for one season at my job then I use them around the farm. Sneakers are good for 1year. Dress shoes went out of style 10 years ago. I'm sure they will come back in style before they wear out.