How many pairs of shoes do you own???

country freedom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow, I am like Quail_Antwerp........!

2 - pair of jeans

1 - pair of black shoes (non-slip for restaurant floors)

1 - pair of old, well worn Tennis shoes

4 - (maybe 5) T-shirts/Blouses - I do not know how many of each, since I wear my
Fiance's/sons T-shirts alot.

One of my sisters is even worse - even though she lives in a well kept up house.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I ride in my ordinary shoes as I have caged stirrups on the saddles I use most frequently. Saves time and effort for me.
I shop at Ross's Dress For Less (I don't know if you all have that- it's a place that buys clothes and stuff that other stores didn't sell) and when I see that they have a good shoe in my size at a good price, I buy what I can of them. So at the moment, I have three pairs of running shoes that I normally wear around (like Nike or Puma or something) that I bought for $15 apiece. As I wear out one pair, I will
throw them away and start the next. I was glad I bought them when I did as the same kinds are now $25 a pair. Ouch.
I'm very hard on shoes and have always been- right now the last of my last years purchases have holes in the tops which will mean the end of them when the rains really hit. I never get more than 5 or 6 mos of daily use out of any shoe.
Right now I have been trying to find a waterproof, insulated barn boot I can get- my last pair of ones that I really like in on it's second year. They don't seem to make them anymore. Waaaaaaa.........

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
country freedom said:
4 - (maybe 5) T-shirts/Blouses - I do not know how many of each, since I wear my
Fiance's/sons T-shirts alot.

My husband and I buy cheap $5 t-shirts for around the farm. We have a closet full of shirts...people don't tend to notice the jeans are the same if you have a different shirt on :gig We buy alot of those Hanes Pocket Tees. And flannel shirts.

I try to hit the end of the year clothing sales..I buy t-shirts in the fall when they clearance out for $1 each and flannel shirts we purchase in the spring for $2-$3 each clearance. T-shirts, flannels, jeans, that's the basis of our wardrobe.

Oh, my husband has more shoes than me right now! He has a pair of dress shoes, everyday tennis shoes, sandals, and Rocky boots. Rockies are expensive, but he insists on them because they last for almost ever and are waterproof. He wears them all winter. His first pair lasted 10 years. Not sure how long he has had the current pair.

scrambledmess

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I have 5 pairs of shoes.

2 white pairs for work. One is an old pair that I just haven't thrown away yet. They are still good, just scuffed pretty badly. I wear them if I get that 6th sense that we are going to have a bad night at work ;)

1 pair of tennis shoes

1 pair of brown low heals for dressing up

1 pair of Ohio State Crocs

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
We do not have tons of shoes either. The kids each ahve a pair of tennis shoes & a pair of sandals(dd has 2 one for church). I have a pair of tennis shoes(3 yrs old), a pair of black pumps, a pair of sandals, a pair of boots & a pair of brown suede loafers(pants) for dress up. And a pair of rubber clogs for muck work(my bum foot can't go into rubber boots). And my shoes from the wedding that are put up in a box(I paid $9.95 for them).

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
:D

I have one pair of Ugg boots, I got for Christmas last year.

1 pair tennis shoes
1 pair flip flops
1 pair slippers
1 pair winter boots (cheapo ones that are cracked, I need new ones)
1 pair of riding boots (Ariat - most expensive shoes I've ever owned! they were $120)

1 pair of Croc knock off's from walmart.

so I guess 7 (including slippers)- more than I thought! :gig

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Oh my goodness - you all make me feel so over shod.
Lets see:
3 pair of full dress shoes.
6 pair of sandals - 5 nice dressy and 1 knockabout pair.
2 pair tennis shoes, (work pair, good pair)
2 pair rubber boots (1 knee high & one ankle high)
3 pair boots - 1 steel toe lace up for motorcycle and heavy work, 1 pair for general yard work and hunting, and my good ole lace up Justin Ropers that are about 20 years old and have been resoled 2 times.
2 pair of slip on yard run abouts - one at the back door and one at the front.
In the house I am barefoot or in socks only.
I will say that the only shoes I have bought in the last few years are work tennis shoes - 1 pair a year and never pay more than $15.00 and the steel toe and general purpose boots were a splurge/impulse, purchased for major reduction at $8.99 and $4.99 new online from a military/police website.
Most of the above dressy shoes come from my SIL - She is a shoe horse. That woman could open a shoe store. Being the princess that she is she thinks I need to dress up so she gives me shoes and clothes that I seldom if ever wear.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
I'm not going there....I am a shoe nut, and a boot fenatic....*hides her face*....I plead the 5th.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
I know a lot of people say guys shouldn't have a ton of pairs but I have a ton.
I have 7, yikes!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I sort of like Quail...I have had the same pair of jeans for the past 4 years....just the one. I have one pair of "good" pants, one skirt but no dresses, lots of work T-shirts, one or two "good" shirts.

Shoes? One pair of good tennis shoes, one pair of work tennis shoes, one pair of sandles, one pair of dress shoes, one pair of insulated farm boots.

One good winter coat and one transitional jacket with a zip-out lining that I use for just everything. The rest of the year I just use a flannel shirt over my T-shirts. Not a very feminine dresser, I suppose. :p

Years ago I took everything out of my closet that I hadn't used for over a year and took it to the Salvation Army. Now I use this as a rule of thumb....if I haven't used it in a year, I probably never will and I get rid of it.

Latest posts