How many Thanksgiving dinners ...

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
This year we will probably have 2.

One will be on T-day proper. My brother is hosting. But because it was decided to have turkey breast to save cleaning up a mess, well, hubby and I are going to have our own turkey day and do it right! We only eat meat very rarely, so we want the real thing!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea Drake
I like a whole bird vs. just the breast. turns out drier or something also. If I am having turkey it will be the whole thing..HA HA HA

I know the breasts are convenient, but I hardly cook turkey so when I have them, they are the real deal! wings and all..LOL

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
yea Drake
I like a whole bird vs. just the breast. turns out drier or something also. If I am having turkey it will be the whole thing..HA HA HA

I know the breasts are convenient, but I hardly cook turkey so when I have them, they are the real deal! wings and all..LOL
EXACTLY!!!!! If you are going to eat it, do it right!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I go to two dinners. My MIL's at noon and then my mom's afterwards. We just have to bring side dishes to both dinners...which DH likes to make...so I don't really have much to do myself except get the kiddos ready!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
This year? NONE! Going to my sister's house for T-day and will be required to bake nothing, nada, nil! How cool is that??? :D

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
This year? NONE! Going to my sister's house for T-day and will be required to bake nothing, nada, nil! How cool is that??? :D
Gaaaassssp...nothin' at all? Lucky dog. :D

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yeah, everytime I offered this dish or that dish, drinks, bread, etc. she said that she doesn't need that. Mom is making her homemade rolls (YUM!)and the mashed potatoes, Aunt Betty is making dessert, Penny is making the turkey, etc. I am bringing some of my frozen corn, but that doesn't seem like much, really. I was going to bring some of my canned deer meat but Dad killed her a big buck and Mom is processing it for her, so that takes care of any additional staples for the time we are staying at her house. Will be staying at Pen's for 3 1/2 days this week.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Just one here. My parents and brother will come to my house. DH's parents live almost 3 hours away so they won't drive up here for a one day event. I'm not sure my MIL has ever cooked an entire Thanksgiving meal. DH's aunt was always the one to do it and she's not up to it anymore so they usually all just go out to a restaurant. MIL won't eat poultry at all so won't cook a turkey anyway.
I'm doing most of the cooking. My brother is bringing a green salad, Mom is doing one pie, squash and Brussels sprouts. I'm doing all the rest.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I have to cook for our work dinner on Wednesday. But that is pretty easy. The boss buys everything I just have to cook. We are going to put a ribeye roast on to smoke tomorrow and then just heat it up on Wednesday. I will cook green beans and mashed potatos at work Wednesday and I made yeast rolls over the weekend to carry.
Not doing anything on T-day proper. My son and his wife are a hour and a half away. We have been invited but I won't go this year. I am still trying to get over my pneumonia. And her sister from Atlanta is going to be home for the first time in years. I told my son to let her and her family have this time with no outside interferance. Saturday DH will fry a turkey and his mom and sister will come over. We will eat turkey with just a cheese tray and maybe a fresh fruit tray. Nothing major. I am just not in the mood for major this year.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I cooked a turkey a couple weeks ago, stuffing, green beans just to use on I had in the freezer. I used to have all the family to my home. I love to cook. But now the MIL does it. She has a big fancy house and great grandpa lives next door. Makes things easier I guess.

I usually just bring a desert. Maybe i'll invite my side over next year.