how much rest do you get..........how much rest is normal?

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
im going to kill this husband of mine. i set my alarm for 5:55 every mon-fri.IT ALWAYS GOES OFF. so this morning while im enjoying the last of my 9 hours of sleep...........im sound asleep.........alarm has not went off........snore snore snore zzzzzz. then i hear WHILE IM SLEEPING

barbara ann barbara ann

WHAT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, WHAT the he** you want

your alarm is about to go off

are you frigging serious (not the words i used but you get the idea)

you only have like 3 minutes before your alarm goes off

I KNOW CAUSE I SET IT FOR FRIGGING 5:55 leave me alone. close my eyes...............beep beep beep beep beep. SHI*********************!!!!!!!!!

THEN I HEAR........HOW DID YOU SLEEP..........NOT AS GOOD AS YOU WILL-- IF YOU WAKE ME UP 3 MIN BEFORE MY ALARM AGAIN.

im always asked how do i sleep so much? i tell people my body determines how much sleep i need.

why do people think just because it is said that a person should only sleep 8 hours then that must be right

well i sleep 10-12 hours on a regular basis. thats not taking naps or anything. i go to sleep at like 8 or 9 and wake up at 5:55 on weekdays. on the weekends is a whole nother story. i go to bed at 9pm and wake at at 930am

how many hours a night do you sleep?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I get a lot of sleep too. I go to bed around 11 and sleep till 9 on the weekends, and sometimes through the week if there isn't a lot going on in the mornings the next day. I REQUIRE around 9-10 hours. If I don't get it...I am cranky. My complaint is my DH will turn my alarm OFF and leave me sleeping :/ I dunno which is worse. The kids used to wake me up at 5 a.m. when they were little, and that always irritated me too. DH gets about 5 hours per night...I dunno how he does it! I would die. Or someone would kill me one :lol:

Okay, my alarm just went off :lol: I had it set for 7:30 this morning but slept so good I got up early when I woke on my own. Weird huh? :lol:

Anyway, I'm with ya on the sleep thing :thumbsup

Snowhunter

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I get anywhere from 4-10 hours, depending on how rundown I let myself get. Up at 6am M-F and usually anywhere from 6-10am on the weekends. Usually get to bed between 10pm-2am. A few rare nights I'll go to bed around 930pm after having run ragged all day.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
not enough

truly

I don't sleep 'long'

never did.

longest is usually 6 hrs. 7 is a wonderful nights sleep in my life if I ever get it.

usually most times 5-51/2 hrs sleep per day.

naps, nope, not until recently. I never could nap but lately I can sit for a bit, eat lunch, then watch a bit of tv on the tube and SNOOZE hits for about 1 hr.
I guess it is menapause causing that or older age :lol:

even when I 'try' to sleep longer or can for whatever reason, I won't. I wake up big eyed and ready to go. never can 'fall back' to sleep ever. eyes open, day begins.

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I sleep a lot in the winter. Us Northern beers need a lot in the winter. We work a lot in the spring, summer and fall. ( BIG TYAWN!!) I just woke up too. .... now I will eat and then take a nap til lunch. After lunch I'll start to do stuff. Sounds like I'm a bum right?? Nah I don't work in Jan Feb. :) Unless someone calls me or I have to check a few properties I sleep. Starting in March it's go go go til Nov, Dec. O wait I feel a nap coming on :th

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
7 hours is typical, 8 is lovely, I can't sleep any longer than that. Even on the weekend--I can "sleep in" till around 8am but then I'm awake and can't go back to sleep. I usually turn in around 11pm (although sometimes I will read for another hour) and then I am up between 6-7am.

Hubs will sleep as long as possible, but he usually turns in around 11pm and has to get up at 6am to get himself organized so he has time to get in to work. On the weekend he will sleep till noon if left alone, but has to be up by 9am on Sundays if we want to make it to church.

My kids are another story, when they were little they needed a good solid 11-12 hours till they hit Jr. High, then they scaled it back to 8-9, now that they're in High School they seem to need a bit more so they usually turn their lights out at 9:30 and grudgingly get up between 7-7:30am so they're usually getting 10-11 hours. One is a morning person, so pops right up and starts her day, the other drags. The morning kid doesn't really sleep in on the weekends but the draggy kid does sometimes. Although she was up first yesterday.

Big_White

Power Conserver
Reaction score
haha, my girlfriend and i have the same problem. She used to brag about how she could survive on just a few hours of sleep, then we started living together. And now i guess i run her ragged. I survive on on very little to no sleep sometimes. But my dad got me used to that when i was younger, And she never really has had to get up any earlier than school, so i guess its from habit. But she will cuss me when i wake her up before 7:30 most days :D haha, I learned to have breakfast ready for her to eat before i even go back in the room

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I average about 6-7 hours a nite. I rarely use an alarm clock. It seems like no matter when I go to sleep I am up by 6:30 ish.
Nancy

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It varies. Some days I just barely get any sleep, and feel great. Other times, I get a ton of sleep, still feel tired and get nothing done. Actually, I've been thinking about going to the drs and getting some blood drawn so I can find out if maybe I'm lacking in something.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i was told i need to get checked..........people think i need more iron

i can sleep anywhere and anyhow

sitting on the couch watching tv with the hubby last night...he said in 2 seconds i went from watching tv to snoring and that was 730

i have fallen asleep in the car while DRIVING. TWICE

1)dont know when i went to sleep but quickly woke up when i was coming down the other side of the bridge. i must have hydroed somewhere cause all i remember is the car landing back on the concrete

2)i was about 10 cars from the red light going about 10mph. i woke up after i rear ended the car in front of me.

3)when i was a first time parent.....i put my son in the graco type swing maybe like 2 ft from the bed....... i SAT on the bad........30 minutes later my mom comes in to the room to wake me up and ask dont you hear the baby screaming. he was 2ft away from me screaming so hard his face was dark red.

i have to keep the alarm clock iin the living room.......when it goes off the I HAVE TO GET UP. i have slept through alarms that were sitting at the head of the bed.

i even have conversations in my sleep.