how much water do you drink?

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Not enough. I'm so bad about drinking water, or anything really. I find it a nuissance so I wait until I'm thirsty, which I guess means you're already dehydrated. The only thing I found that helps me drink is lemon in the water, or miracle clay water.

But I do agree that we need more water then 1000 years ago.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I carry water with me all day that I have frozen the night before as I know I'll drink more if it's very cold. We don't really buy any other beverages for the home except some juice now and again. We switched to only water many years ago and it has made all the difference in our health.

I am very fortunate to have some of the best drinking water I've ever tasted here and it actually is preferable to any other kind of sweet drink.

If I had to estimate how much I drink in a 24 hour period, it would be between 3/4 gal. and a gal., some days more.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
64 oz

I definitely feel better when I drink enough water...I keep a 32 oz bottle and fill it twice a day. If I come up more than 16 oz short I can feel it.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
10 to 15 cups a day. Is it a bad thing that 90% of it is laced with coffee and whole milk? :gig

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Plain water? I drank a glass about two weeks ago. Prior to that . . I can't remember the last time - years and years.

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm on a medication that requires me to drink a lot of water. So, I drink a ton. Four glasses of water a day seems really low to me. Even before I was on this medication I drank a lot of water. I just never felt healthy unless I was drinking something every few hours. Usually water, sometimes herbal tea. I guess it's rather personal though, everyone has their own needs for hydration.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Never enough.
But, I strive to make sure the water is not cold. Cold liquids slow digestion drastically.
I do drink lots of raw milk and Kombucha as well.

For those that drink coffee, note that it is a diaretic (sp?) so for every cup of coffee you drink, you need to drink an extra 2 glasses of water.