How to convince DH to turn off the heat?

Lil Chickie Mama

Power Conserver
Reaction score
DianeB said:
You're in Escalon? I'm in Modesto. It is too warm to turn on the heat. This is from someone that is always cold. I wear a sweater almost all year. We have only had it on twice since the end of Summer. Remind him that when it is warm there is no need to cuddle.
EXACTLY!! I guess I have to be fair and add that it hasn't come on more than a time or two, but IMO it hasn't been called for. What really got me fuming is the next morning he had the AC on, I mean really, that's such a waste. I guess I just have more "insulation" on me than he has. He's such a stick boy! He sticks out his tounge and he looks like a zipper! LOL, the poor guy is 6'4" and only weighs 135 (and that's WITH the weight he put on after we married, no fair) As for the cost, it isn't much but hopefully he'll listen.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Lil Chickie Mama said:
...However, it has just barely begun to drop in temp at night and my DH is cranking up the heat...I'm a hot bod so I burn up...
Oh come one. I mean, do you really need an answer to that? If women didn't know the answer to that, there would be no such thing as marriage. Women instinctively know how to get the males of the species to do what they want. :D I think that it is sorta like the Jedi Mind Trick.

DianeB

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
k0xxx said:
Lil Chickie Mama said:
...However, it has just barely begun to drop in temp at night and my DH is cranking up the heat...I'm a hot bod so I burn up...
Oh come one. I mean, do you really need an answer to that? If women didn't know the answer to that, there would be no such thing as marriage. Women instinctively know how to get the males of the species to do what they want. :D I think that it is sorta like the Jedi Mind Trick.
That's not funny. It is sexist and offensive.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I don't think it's funny either. I think it is completely true. That's why I didn't laugh. Instead, I nodded in agreement.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
DianeB said:
k0xxx said:
Lil Chickie Mama said:
That's not funny. It is sexist and offensive.
I apologize. Yes, in hind sight I agree that it was sexist, however in defense, it was my wife that said it to me when I asked her opinion on the subject. I had not intended to offend and will try to do better in the future. (He said crawling back into his cave...)

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Ldychef2k said:
CQDEK0XXX

???????
Ham Speak. Amateur Radio language for Calling (CQ) From (DE) KXXX (My Amateur Radio Callsign). It's would be transmitted in Morse Code, to call anyone on that hears it, as a way of striking up a conversation over the air.

In Morse Code, there are a lot of shortcuts for commonly words and phrases, used as a way of reducing the number of characters that need to be sent.

73 (Best Regards),
Mark

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Ldychef2k said:
I don't think it's funny either. I think it is completely true. That's why I didn't laugh. Instead, I nodded in agreement.
:gig Me too!
My wife is still going through menopause( do they ever get THROUGH it completely?) :ep and she can NEVER make up her mind if she hot or if she is cold. I have to set the thermostats and rip the knobs off so she doesn't change them every 1/2 hour! :lol:

I have a couple funny and a couple serious "menopause" stories I will share with you folks some day....:th :love :hide

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
k0xxx said:
Lil Chickie Mama said:
LOL-LOL
I think it is funny cause to me that statement can be very true for many.
:gig