How to get away from Ziplock baggies?

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I save containers, too, from cottage cheese, butter tubs...etc...Oh and if you buy Ruggles Sherbert, those bowls are PERFECT! DH took peaches to work in one today :D

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Great link farm_mom. I like the idea of washable, breathable produce bags.

I use new ziplocks for storing things in the freezer, like fresh pumpkin pulp, etc, so I know those items will be safe from freezer burn and also from cross contamination. Then I wash those bags and re-use them to store foods in the fridge that I can't fit into plastic or glasss containers. I will re-use the ziplocks until they start to look like they are wearing out, then I use them one last time to store cheese and when the cheese is gone, I throw the bags away. I hand wash the bags between uses and hand dry them which is a PITA. But I try not to use very many, so it works ok.

I have a large collection of plastic and glass containers. I find they come in handy for various applications, and if I have too many I can just recycle the extras.

If there is a food item that I regularly need to store I may search out a tupperware container that is the right size.

I am still eyeing some stainless steel "to go" food containers, but I haven't yet invested in any.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Awesome. I like those wraps too. :) Then when you are done you can use it as a napkin too.