How to Make Butter

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Peeperkeeper....love your name! :) :welcome Oh, the coveting is coming on....you have a Jersey cow!!! :fl :fl :love

Aren't they sweet? :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hey PeeperKeeper

I love your name also. My horse who has passed a little ago was named Peepers....she was black with blue eyes!!

And when I saw that name a flood of great memories came back again. I always think of that great horse!

great info on the butter!!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wifezilla
I checked your article on the butter. Interesting.
I wanted to do that math, but never did...LOL-LOL

I also noticed you are low carb. So am I....lost 65 lbs. doing that. I hate carbs now..LOL---stay clear of them like the plague. I did gain 25 lbs. back...got very sloppy in my eating but am on the road to losing that 25 again.

funny but when you don't eat the heavy carbs, you feel great. I didn't notice the diff. til I gained up some weight and realized how truly miserable the old body felt. Back on low carb for life now. I want to feel good!!! :)

just chatting about low carb. So many people need to do low carb but just don't get it...oh well....I do and I love it..LOL

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
The best reason to low carb is Butter is not only allowed, it is encouraged! LOL

I have lost 42 pounds. 18 more to go :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WOW that is fab.
yea in real eating in life, butter is acceptable. moderation, moderation, moderation. I was very strict losing my weight so when I hit my 65 lbs off....I got greedy. Yup, I learned the hard way and now I realize to give treats to myself but sparingly of course. Then I did the usual, increased those portion sizes. Hmm...so American of me! :)

best of luck...I know you will do well. Just adjust that thinking that it is a way of life to eat this way. I forgot and gained...now back to losing and make my mindset that healthy eating is for life.

happy for you. feels great doesn't it?? I love the thinner me. The energy level is so worth it!

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
This was in Roll Your Own - Homemade Products, but it's about making butter, a process, so I'm moving it to The Self-Sufficient Kitchen - From Recipes to Processes to Gadgets.

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Here is another butter thread.
Thanks for bringing this to the top! I always buy cultured butter when the co-op has it on sale, and I always wondered what the difference is!

Of course, now I want a cow worse than ever... I covet too much!